Flat land lease

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Hawthorne
500 Club

Re: Flat land lease

Unread postby Hawthorne » Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:42 am

With standing corn could be good or during the rut.

Kokes
500 Club

Unread postby Kokes » Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:45 am

Are there any close by bigger woodlot surrounding the property. Perhaps they'd use that drainage to get from one area to another?
If it is ag do you know what's being planted there next season.
matt1336
500 Club

Unread postby matt1336 » Sun Mar 12, 2017 11:53 am

If the crops are planted in beans, alfalfa or winter wheat...something low to the ground. Deer will bed in those fence lines/creek beds with the best vantage points to your access areas while keeping the wind to their advantage. To me it looks like a very hard property to hunt if corn isn't planted. If corn is planted that would change things. You could set up along the creek where you've scouted there to be high traffic and chasing. It also migh be hard for more than one guy to hunt.
Ladykiller

Unread postby Ladykiller » Sun Mar 12, 2017 12:52 pm

Depends on the price of the lease.
Ladykiller

Unread postby Ladykiller » Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:17 pm

Sound like some serious scouting is in order before I'd lay down that cash. Scout now, glass in the summer, etc.
Lockdown

Unread postby Lockdown » Wed Mar 15, 2017 12:56 am

matt1336 wrote:If the crops are planted in beans, alfalfa or winter wheat...something low to the ground. Deer will bed in those fence lines/creek beds with the best vantage points to your access areas while keeping the wind to their advantage. To me it looks like a very hard property to hunt if corn isn't planted. If corn is planted that would change things. You could set up along the creek where you've scouted there to be high traffic and chasing. It also migh be hard for more than one guy to hunt.

Agree

If you have plenty of public to hunt I think id rather take a week of work off without pay and have an extra 5 days to hunt vs shell out the cash for this and end up unhappy with it.

Not saying there won't be deer here! All depends on the area. Like Matt said it does look a little tricky to hunt.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”