Whats up with the 8 pages of Andrae bashing today on Archery

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

huntinnurse
500 Club

Re: Whats up with the 8 pages of Andrae bashing today on Arc

Unread postby huntinnurse » Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:24 am

Since this thread has gone south, this is what I take offense to: "Gossip.....aint that what women do!?"(per CWoods) :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Spysar, the forgetting of a stamp is explained somewhere in the beginning of this thread.

As far as other targets, Don and Kandi are targets in different ways not so publically noted. They deal with tresspassers on a nearly daily basis. Lee and Tiff get accosted everywhere they go, mostly by.............well you know.

I would just like to see this thread, if possible at this point, become a topic of what we can do to help prevent this kinda thing from happening again to anyone, whether it be a name in the industry or a regular not known in the public eye hunter. (I wanted to say regular Joe, but, didn't want to offend anyone named Joe. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: )
Some may or may not have noticed this, but at the inception of this site, The Hunting Beast, I put up links to EVERY state DNR to be able to reference the rules and regs. None of them are easy to read.
Why does that have anything to do with this thread, just a reference of positive, contructive helping each other statement.
Nicko, Andrae is not going to come one on one with you as he does not do that on any site even with his best friends.
Your point in your posts is very well heard and understood here. Please, let's not belabor this any more.
You are welcome to post anywhere you would like here and offer Constructive points of view, opinions and afantastic stories of what hunting has been like for you in the areas you hunt, style you hunt and with whom you hunt if you like, in a constructive matter. We would love to hear it and acknowledge your accomplishments as we do with each other here.
Please take some advice and let this subject drop for you. Your viewpoint is very clear. It does not need to be reworded in any other way. I do have to say, it did take alot of balls to come here and admit you were the one that started the thread on AT. I was actually going to post a congrats to having the fortitude to make that admission. But, the following 3-4 pages took it south.
so, for all here and for yourself, let it drop as it appears you will not sway anyone here and we can not sway you on this topic either. So call it a stalemate and tell us some nice things about what you do on some of our other 4,000 or so other threads and topics here. K?

Muddy--Great response!!!!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.John 3:16 KJV
Spysar
500 Club

Unread postby Spysar » Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:34 am

Spysar, the forgetting of a stamp is explained somewhere in the beginning of this thread.

It needs to be explained by Andrae, and it's not clear what happened elsewhere in this thread.

Why was Andrae paying $600 for a $400 license?

And was he fined $200 or $2,000?

I'm trying to find facts, not a bunch of hear say non sense...
A buck will see you three times, and hear you twice, but he's only gonna smell you once.
Spysar
500 Club

Unread postby Spysar » Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:38 am

This is in bold writing on the Illinois DNR website. Pretty easy to see.

ILLINOIS LAW REQUIRES NON-RESIDENTS TO HAVE A NON-RESIDENT
HUNTING LICENSE IN ADDITION TO A PERMIT AND HABITAT STAMP.
A buck will see you three times, and hear you twice, but he's only gonna smell you once.
76chevy
500 Club

Unread postby 76chevy » Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:44 am

I said it on page 6 of this worthless thread....

The dude messed up and neglected to buy the required habitat stamp.

He took his punishment and paid his fine. It's nobody's business.

Time to move on.
". . . there's more fun in hunting with the handicap of the bow than there is in hunting with the sureness of the gun." --Fred Bear
Spysar
500 Club

Unread postby Spysar » Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:50 am

The dude messed up and neglected to buy the required habitat stamp.

And you know this how?

He took his punishment and paid his fine.

Agreed.
Spysar
500 Club

Unread postby Spysar » Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:52 am

A guy as bright as Andrae missed reading this?

Habitat Stamp - Before any person 16 years of age or older takes, attempts
to take, or pursues a deer, he or she shall first obtain a State Habitat Stamp.
Disabled veterans and former prisoners of war shall not be required to obtain
State Habitat Stamps. Any person who obtained a Lifetime license before
January 1, 1993, shall not be required to obtain a State Habitat Stamp.
Licenses/stamps are available at DNR Direct Automated License System
agents, by phone at 1-888-6Permit or www.dnr.state.il.us.
muddy

Unread postby muddy » Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:55 am

The 2 years I've hunted Illinois the people I talked to on the phone both told me EXACTLY what I needed to be legal right down to the habitat stamp. When I got the stuff in the mail I still needed to get the regular license and stamp at a farm king, both times the ladies behind the counter told me exactly what I needed as well, right down to the stamp.

I am really confused as to how the habitat stamp could simply be forgotten by so many people because unless something changed you cannot purchase them online or over the phone? I'm not bashing, pointing fingers, or accusing at this point, just curious an confused.
http://www.iowawhitetail.com
Leading the way for habitat and management information

"It's a good thing you don't need commas and colons to kill deer" -seaz
cwoods
500 Club

Unread postby cwoods » Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:23 am

Sorry about that hunting nurse. It was a sexist and discrimating comment. I forgot their are a women who contribute to the site. I did not have yall in mind when making that comment.
Edcyclopedia

Unread postby Edcyclopedia » Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:43 am

muddy wrote:I just spent 30 minutes reading 5 new pages in this thread on my freaking blackberry

Your poor eyes... And mind.....

Stop the insanity!!!

Everyone now knows, from this site and every other hunting site, that Andrae has been accussed of a no-no.
I believe this is the UNITED STATES of AMERICA and until proven guilty - blah-blah-blah.
The horse has been beaten let it go! Justice "Might" prevail in our court system.
Get a life people - walk away fromt he keyboard.

Lock it dude
Expect the Unexpected when you least Expect it...
huntinnurse
500 Club

Unread postby huntinnurse » Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:17 pm

cwoods wrote:Sorry about that hunting nurse. It was a sexist and discrimating comment. I forgot their are a women who contribute to the site. I did not have yall in mind when making that comment.

I know that is what the :mrgreen: :mrgreen: were for!!!!!!
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.John 3:16 KJV
cwoods
500 Club

Unread postby cwoods » Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:39 pm

huntinnurse wrote:
cwoods wrote:Sorry about that hunting nurse. It was a sexist and discrimating comment. I forgot their are a women who contribute to the site. I did not have yall in mind when making that comment.

I know that is what the :mrgreen: :mrgreen: were for!!!!!!

I figured that much.....but ya never know! 8-)
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:45 pm

I have answered all your questions, like I said, I was aware of everything that has happened from the day it happened. The story has never changed. asking how he could forget is just going in circles. If you ask me its pretty easy to forget when you have to make two seperate purchases because you have to buy the stamp portion from a store and the license was bought over the phone.
Do you really think someone like Andrae would buy a license and try to rob illinois by not buying the stamp?
Whatever.
They would of probably charged him with poaching if he had shot something. :roll:
The offenses he is charged with are petty, and have been exaggerated.
As stated before, he did Write a response to the accusations. I asked him NOT to release it. He needs to see a lawyer 1st. All the responses in the world are not going to make a differance to those of you whom think I am not telling the truth, because he is pretty much going to say the same thing.He needs to go after the newspaper that printed the story, and the person responsable for writing it.
Hate him if you want, believe what you want... But lets not just go back and forth bitching, accusing and name calling.
If this post can't stay civel I will lock it. When things change, I will post an update.
Swampthing
500 Club

Unread postby Swampthing » Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:05 pm

Are u guys really insinuating the guy deliberately and conciously ,chose to not buy a stamp ? Unbelievable .C,mon now.
Let,s see here I,m changing residency and seeking world clas animals in a different state.That if happens will bring me even more notoriety,and scrutany but the more i think about it mabey I can save a couple dollars and that alone will be worth haveing it all stripped away from me.We all like to think we have busy ,stressful ,demanding lives which we all do. But there is,nt a person on this forum that has,nt forgotten to mail off a light bill, or pick the kids up after soccer practice ,cause your wife works late every 2 nd tuesday of the month.,mabey call G-ma on her birthday.Call the school to let them know that your child is being picked up and to not ride the bus home after school.Send lunch money on monday .Why the are post-it notes so popular .Reminders I think life ain'nt what it was in the ole days where about all a guy had on his mind was feeding the cows ,chopping some wood and kissing the wife and kids b4 you go to bed.
huntinfool14
500 Club

Unread postby huntinfool14 » Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:58 pm

i just got back from illoinis hunting and when i bought my license,i told them i need everything a NON-Resident hunter needs..when i got to the outfitter he looked over the license and realized i didnt get a habitat stamp, so we simply drove to the nearest town and bought one quick..stuff like this happens...im sure hes definelty not the first one to forget to buy one..
cornfedkiller
500 Club

Unread postby cornfedkiller » Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:47 pm

dan wrote:I have answered all your questions, like I said, I was aware of everything that has happened from the day it happened. The story has never changed. asking how he could forget is just going in circles. If you ask me its pretty easy to forget when you have to make two seperate purchases because you have to buy the stamp portion from a store and the license was bought over the phone.
Do you really think someone like Andrae would buy a license and try to rob illinois by not buying the stamp?
Whatever.
They would of probably charged him with poaching if he had shot something. :roll:
The offenses he is charged with are petty, and have been exaggerated.
As stated before, he did Write a response to the accusations. I asked him NOT to release it. He needs to see a lawyer 1st. All the responses in the world are not going to make a differance to those of you whom think I am not telling the truth, because he is pretty much going to say the same thing.He needs to go after the newspaper that printed the story, and the person responsable for writing it.
Hate him if you want, believe what you want... But lets not just go back and forth bitching, accusing and name calling.
If this post can't stay civel I will lock it. When things change, I will post an update.

Thumbs up!

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”