Who Is Being Stalked. Anyone ,Dan?

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

creepingdeth
500 Club
Facebook: Huh?

Re: Who Is Being Stalked. Anyone ,Dan?

Unread postby creepingdeth » Sun Feb 26, 2017 3:48 am

Just a youngster in Beast Mode...so I'm in the process of just finding more places, all are public so they definately are'nt secret by any means. My spots within those spots are, though. My goal someday to be going to areas no one else would think of or go into. If people ask THE question I answer "too many people" :lol:

Yesterdays common sense is no longer common
Rich M
500 Club

Unread postby Rich M » Sun Feb 26, 2017 3:51 am

When I was fishing, people would watch me. Got to the point I was not opening my cooler for anyone short of the game warden. Also stopped taking folks as they usually ended up where I had taken them in a week or two. People do watch other folks thru binoculars and spotting scopes - easy way to find out where the fish are...

Hunting was different as we did hog feeders and deer stands on private leases. Could never keep other club members out of the stands - started hiding them but the feeders were noisy and folks would go stand near where others hunted and listen for the whir and clinking of the feeder going off. The clubs I have belonged to wanted daily tallies of deer and if you were honest, you got more lease members in your stands. Really sad. The new answer is nothing, button buck, or I saw a big buck cross the road near your stand.

As for being stalked or followed hunting cause I was shooting stuff - not unless you count people trying to beat me to yesterday's duck hunting spots in the mornings.
headgear
500 Club

Unread postby headgear » Sun Feb 26, 2017 3:54 am

I'm probably the biggest stalker in my woods, not so much to get a deer but it just helps to know about where everyone hunts on a chunk of land, just doing my homework. One thing that is nice about remote bigwoods is it scares a lot of hunters away, not so much because of the size but because of the pathetic deer numbers. Some areas I hunt see pressure but some are hardly touched all year other than myself. Although hey it would be fun to be considered good enough by someone to be stalked but I move around so much they would have a heck of a time keeping track of me.
Uncle Lou

Unread postby Uncle Lou » Sun Feb 26, 2017 6:30 am

I am begging people to stalk me where I rifle hunt up north. Want some deer moved around
Silence Your Gear with Stealth Strips®
http://www.stealthoutdoors.com
Jackson Marsh

Unread postby Jackson Marsh » Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:24 pm

Not a problem for me, but I can see how some of the consistent big buck killers might have some followers.
IkemanTx
500 Club

Unread postby IkemanTx » Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:44 am

I feel sorry for anyone trying to pattern me. I am all over the place when it comes to spots. I hunt 5 different counties in 2 different states. Also, I'm so often 2-3 miles from the truck that they really never could use my vehicle as a way to steal a spot. I doubt I will get anyone following me, though, I don't lay down slobs.
Go where none other dare to go, and there you'll find success.
stash59

Unread postby stash59 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 3:59 am

No stalkers. Out west I went into places everyone said I was crazy going to for elk. Although way back in my early 20's the neighbor kid always seemed to show up where ever I did. :think: :lol:
Happiness is a large gutpile!!!!!!!
VA5326

Unread postby VA5326 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:16 am

I've been stalked a few times before. I've also had my GPS stolen for a brief moment where they didn't think I knew about it. The sad fact is that it's typically not haters on the fringe, it's people that are close to you. Good thing my GPS was encrypted. I have some false positive waypoints in there as well so hopefully they are scratching their heads as to why they're not seeing deer. In recent years, I've taken some big deer on property that others can't figure out. In order to be successful in these areas the wind needs to be almost opposite of what everyone thinks.
If you want to kill a deer you have to be in the woods.
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:24 am

VA5326 wrote:I've been stalked a few times before. I've also had my GPS stolen for a brief moment where they didn't think I knew about it. The sad fact is that it's typically not haters on the fringe, it's people that are close to you. Good thing my GPS was encrypted. I have some false positive waypoints in there as well so hopefully they are scratching their heads as to why they're not seeing deer. In recent years, I've taken some big deer on property that others can't figure out. In order to be successful in these areas the wind needs to be almost opposite of what everyone thinks.

Wow!! Losing my GPS is honestly one of my greatest fears. Getting that in the wrong hands would be devastating with the years of hard work and info contained. Wish they would add a Find My GPS option to them like they have on phones so that we could track and find it.
AAAK

Unread postby AAAK » Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:18 am

Dewey wrote:
VA5326 wrote:I've been stalked a few times before. I've also had my GPS stolen for a brief moment where they didn't think I knew about it. The sad fact is that it's typically not haters on the fringe, it's people that are close to you. Good thing my GPS was encrypted. I have some false positive waypoints in there as well so hopefully they are scratching their heads as to why they're not seeing deer. In recent years, I've taken some big deer on property that others can't figure out. In order to be successful in these areas the wind needs to be almost opposite of what everyone thinks.

Wow!! Losing my GPS is honestly one of my greatest fears. Getting that in the wrong hands would be devastating with the years of hard work and info contained. Wish they would add a Find My GPS option to them like they have on phones so that we could track and find it.

I have turned my truck inside out several times looking for my GPS. You know it's in there but you are still frantically looking.
Octoberjohn

Unread postby Octoberjohn » Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:33 am

I hunt private ground at home here in western PA. I have hunted the same property for 30 years. The landowners have been simply the best and I can do pretty much what I want there. A while back one of the landowners nephew's decided to start hunting the property as well. Everywhere that I had a tree stand the previous season had a new one in it the following season. This went on for quite a few years so I eventually quit hanging stands and either hunt with my climber or hang and hunt. It was a little frustrating at first as a few of the spots were my best spots at the time. But this actually has since broadened my horizons and I never burn a stand site out now.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”