Hunting with a blind

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Re: Hunting with a blind

Unread postby dan » Sun Jan 09, 2011 2:17 am

Im not a big fan of blinds (for deer) I personally would rather be trying to hide myself rather than a whole blind. They are good for kids or new hunters though that move to fast and to often though.
I just feel like it is pretty hard to put something that large in a mature bucks area and not have him freak out.

With that said, Andrae told me he is going to put out a bunch of blinds on his property where there are no trees to hunt out of. But I think he is going to leave them out all year.

Swamp Donkey

Re: Hunting with a blind

Unread postby Swamp Donkey » Sun Jan 09, 2011 7:06 am

I used to hunt out of ground blinds that I created from the debris lying in the woods where I was hunting...problem was, with 1 million hunters in Pennsylvania, somebody else always found my hiding spots. They are a lot of work if you have a place to put them and they can be great spots to hunt, just don't over hunt them! I am thinking about using them again after I find a swamp spot that really sucks to get into!

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”