Phantom Boat

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

screaming eagle

Phantom Boat

Unread postby screaming eagle » Tue Feb 14, 2017 2:40 pm

I ran across this and thought it would be a good option to get into and out of swamps and marshes as well as get your buck out. Thought I would share it. http://www.forestry-suppliers.com/produ ... 6&redir=Y#

creepingdeth
500 Club
Facebook: Huh?

Re: Phantom Boat

Unread postby creepingdeth » Tue Feb 14, 2017 3:11 pm

8-) :think:
Yesterdays common sense is no longer common
Rich M
500 Club

Unread postby Rich M » Wed Feb 15, 2017 4:47 am

I'm gonna jump in - this is not a good boat for hauling deer. It is designed to be a layout craft for duck hunting - you can see where the seat is if you look at the picture.

You would probably be best with a 12 ft canoe - same or less weight, cheaper, can carry deer much better.

10-12 ft johnboat would be nice but noisy, bulky, and heavy.

There are some small 1-man boats you can build out of plywood & fiberglass that will weigh less than 50#, but cost more than a used canoe.
Jonny
500 Club

Unread postby Jonny » Wed Feb 15, 2017 5:06 am

Weight capacity of 360#? Jeez I would sink that even without a deer on it :shock:
You have a monkey Mr. Munson?
Stanley
Honorary Moderator
Facebook: None

Unread postby Stanley » Wed Feb 15, 2017 6:07 am

Looks pretty cool to me.
You can fool some of the bucks, all of the time, and fool all of the bucks, some of the time, however you certainly can't fool all of the bucks, all of the time.
Octang
500 Club

Unread postby Octang » Thu Feb 16, 2017 5:19 am

I am looking at purchasing something like this for next season. I need a boat to get into some of the good areas I want to hunt. I am currently leaning towards a canoe, but I first need to find something lightweight that I can afford, and pay off my bow, upgrade my arrows, and buy some quality camo, and pay for my antelope hunting trip... yeah 2017 is an expensive year for hunting expenses.
Jonny
500 Club

Unread postby Jonny » Thu Feb 16, 2017 6:14 am

Octang wrote:I am looking at purchasing something like this for next season. I need a boat to get into some of the good areas I want to hunt. I am currently leaning towards a canoe, but I first need to find something lightweight that I can afford, and pay off my bow, upgrade my arrows, and buy some quality camo, and pay for my antelope hunting trip... yeah 2017 is an expensive year for hunting expenses.

I'm in the same boat. Honestly just waiting til I can save enough to get a nucanoe or something I know I will like and be able to use effectively. Rather would buy once and cry once than keep buying subpar stuff. However, a new bow is higher on the priority list for me.
Octang
500 Club

Unread postby Octang » Thu Feb 16, 2017 6:40 am

Jonny wrote: Rather would buy once and cry once than keep buying subpar stuff.

That perfectly sums up my problem! I never buy cheap junk. I'd rather save up to buy something quality that I'm going to be happy with, which means saving betweens purchases can take a long time!
mihunter101

Unread postby mihunter101 » Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:50 am

Only issue with the Nucanoe is the weight. Not exactly a light weight boat. :shock:
Let's go Brandon!
Jonny
500 Club

Unread postby Jonny » Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:21 am

mihunter101 wrote:Only issue with the Nucanoe is the weight. Not exactly a light weight boat. :shock:

I will take stability over light weight every day of the week. Being 6'4 300, light weight isn't a commonly used term in my dictionary :lol:

To each their own. Find what works for you and what makes you happy.
Jonny
500 Club

Unread postby Jonny » Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:29 am

Octang wrote:
Jonny wrote: Rather would buy once and cry once than keep buying subpar stuff.

That perfectly sums up my problem! I never buy cheap junk. I'd rather save up to buy something quality that I'm going to be happy with, which means saving betweens purchases can take a long time!

Yeah that's the dilemma I face. It sucks, but honestly you save a lot of money by doing that. Make a list of what you want, and keep looking for deals. I wanted a lone wolf hang on and sticks, probably $450 regular retail now. I got a xop silver and xop sticks for under $300 shipped. To me, that was a justified purchase even though I didn't have the money technically saved up. Was a good deal to me so I bought it. Now I am happy cause I shouldn't have to buy another tree stand for 20+ years.

Just be patient. Good deals will pop up all the time. Just bought a new pair of lacrosse aeroheads for $70. Listed for $170 on the lacrosse website. Bought a badlands fanny pack for $25 off sticker price. I google search prices daily on things I am looking to buy, and buy what I know I will use.

That being said, I have had my shares of dumb purchases as well. Usually clothing.

Best of luck! Hunting season is still 7 months away.
screaming eagle

Unread postby screaming eagle » Thu Feb 16, 2017 2:35 pm

Exactly why I posted , wanted to get other perspectives but like everything , it has pluses and minuses , I was looking at a fishing Kayak to do the same but was twice the price of this.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”