Lessons learned?

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Southern Man
500 Club

Re: Lessons learned?

Unread postby Southern Man » Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:57 am

Autumn Ninja wrote:
Southern Man wrote:
Where in Western KY are you at?
There are a bunch of zone 3's in west Ky. now...That used to be zone 1's 20 years ago, back when the hunting was much better than it is now. ;)
This end of the state has more deer than anywhere else in KY. As a matter of fact the farther you go east the less deer you'll find. I am seein more deer and more big bucks than I ever have. Partly due to some of these people here.

If there's one thing I've learned, it's that luck has very little to do with it. Hard work, determination, and payin attention to your deer herd 365 days a year. Deer huntin in western KY couldn't be better.

Where are you at in West Ky? The hunting (here) was 100% better 20 years ago. We lost nearly 90% of the heard just 3 years ago to EHD....The particular piece of land I hunt has never had over 10 deer per square mile.

The north eastern part of the state has way more deer per square mile than than west Ky. Here are some interesting numbers for you.....there where 6 B&C killed in west Ky. last year....there where 35 B&C killed in Eastern Ky. last year. :o Hunting could be much better in west Ky....if we could get things back to the way it used to be.

I don't hunt Christian Co. But heres another interesting stat...It was in the top 5 best county's in the nation 20 years ago....Its not even top 5 in the state now or even in the top 100 in the nation.

Sent you a PM

You Can't Argue With A Sick Mind

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”