Splitting a leg bone

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Swampthing
500 Club

Splitting a leg bone

Unread postby Swampthing » Tue Jan 04, 2011 6:15 pm

The first year I brought my boy hunting he was 13.We were having some tough hunting .I missed a couple gimme shots.And he as we were walking back to the truck ,my son was telling me how he would,nt have missed the deer that i had.And he went on how he was such a good shot he could hit anything.He says I,ll show you, tell me what to shoot and I won,t miss. I look across the pasture we're walking in and about a 1oo yards away is a big old leg bone from a cow.I said see that old bone over there ? Shoot it . He picks up his gun and says " Where" so I tell him aim for the middle.He draws up his rifle freehand takes aim and shoots.And I see a little puff and the bone splits in 2 and drops in the middle.Un believable

Wrinkleneck
500 Club

Re: Splitting a leg bone

Unread postby Wrinkleneck » Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:27 pm

That would be a heck of a shot for me at 100 yards :D He must be doing some practice, so keep him practice shooting for when the big one comes by. Sounds to me like you could just leave your gun at home and let the boy shoot them for you :D
Schultzy
500 Club

Unread postby Schultzy » Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:40 pm

Sounds like you got yourself a sniper there!!
cornfedkiller
500 Club

Unread postby cornfedkiller » Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:15 am

Nice!

My dad is the same way..Not sure if I have ever seen him miss anything..
Uncle Lou

Unread postby Uncle Lou » Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:44 pm

Confidence is key. I have a cousin in his late 50s out in NE. He is a deadeye. Shoots all his deer behind the ear. Doesnt matter if they are 100 or 300 yds.

I once thought I was a good shot as I didnt miss my first few deer I ever shot at. My current neighbor, now for 17 years, when I first told him how good a shot I was, looked me in the face and said if you never missed one, you havent shot at enough of them.

Good luck to your son and hope he never misses. Me, I am now on too many to count (misses that is)
Silence Your Gear with Stealth Strips®
http://www.stealthoutdoors.com

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”