Chasing down a dream...

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

hunter10
500 Club

Re: Chasing down a dream...

Unread postby hunter10 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:37 am

Awesome video Dan!

Bigburner

Unread postby Bigburner » Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:50 am

Watched it today and pretty epic to say the least. I've never had the opportunity to cat and mouse with a buck like that. Hanging, ground hunting, stalking in bare feet. Nothing escapes the BBSK or world greatest farter. Whatever you are going by these days :lol: . Nice job Dan. I really enjoyed it and learned allot. :handgestures-thumbup:
Montani Semper Liberi
Instagram @formationoutdoors
Wetfoot
500 Club

Unread postby Wetfoot » Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:58 am

Just finished watching it for the 2nd time. Great job on the hunt and the video. There's alot of great stuff here. :think: Just curious though, seemed like you hunted the bedding in the SE corner (different locations) but same general area several days in a row. Is this something that you're able to do because of the timing or just forced to do becay of time limits? Again, great stuff. :clap:
addisonlee

Unread postby addisonlee » Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:39 pm

:clap: Congrats!
BigHunt

Unread postby BigHunt » Thu Jan 19, 2017 1:15 pm

Saaawweeeeeeet
HUNT LIKE A BEAST
Twenty Up
500 Club

Unread postby Twenty Up » Thu Jan 19, 2017 2:05 pm

I thought it was funny the original buck you were going to fall back on was the buck everyone kept referring to. Like usual, awesome hunt and thank you for the step by step play it really helped put things into perspective.
Trust the Process~~ Lost Boys Outdoors ~~

YoutTube: https://youtube.com/channel/UC7TXknGut5WfZQ6CbddgqYg
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Thu Jan 19, 2017 3:20 pm

Wetfoot wrote:Just finished watching it for the 2nd time. Great job on the hunt and the video. There's alot of great stuff here. :think: Just curious though, seemed like you hunted the bedding in the SE corner (different locations) but same general area several days in a row. Is this something that you're able to do because of the timing or just forced to do becay of time limits? Again, great stuff. :clap:

When you watch it a second time and you hear me talking about the "150 / 160" buck and you know its actually "the" buck. You see it in a whole new light... As far as the S.E. Corner goes, you hunt hot when its hot. He was seen 3 times in that area. I can't hunt a buck somewhere else if he is still there. The reason you move location is to get into deer. Until he moves you gotta hunt him where he is at. I did move stand locations to suspected travel, based on sightings, or movement out of reach. Only one of those stands did I hunt twice in that time period.
mag1
500 Club

Unread postby mag1 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:56 pm

Just finished watching. That was an awesome hunt. ThE details help as well. Thanks again Dan.
Kraftd
500 Club

Unread postby Kraftd » Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:24 pm

Great video Dan, thanks for sharing.
freezeAR
500 Club

Unread postby freezeAR » Fri Jan 20, 2017 1:26 am

Educational and entertaining. Thanks for the post.
mheichelbech
500 Club
Facebook: mheichelbech@gmail.com

Unread postby mheichelbech » Fri Jan 20, 2017 1:59 am

Needs to be in some hall of fame somewhere!

What is stage hunting? This thread is the first I've seen that.
"One of the chief attractions of the life of the wilderness is its rugged and stalwart democracy; there every man stands for what he actually is and can show himself to be." — Theodore Roosevelt, 1893
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Fri Jan 20, 2017 3:23 am

mheichelbech wrote:Needs to be in some hall of fame somewhere!

What is stage hunting? This thread is the first I've seen that.

I go over stage hunting in the swamp bedding DVD. Its making your way from one area to the next in a series of hunts
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Fri Jan 20, 2017 6:11 am

Finally had a chance to sit down and watch this. Thanks Dan for putting the video together. I really enjoyed it and like how you kept making adjustments daily to put yourself in position for a kill. That is I believe the greatest message in this video that everyone needs to take from it. So many guys see a big buck and keep hunting the same exact tree over and over hoping to see him again. I really like the map with all the stand sites plotted. Really helps to tell the story and put it all together.
Lastcast#1

Unread postby Lastcast#1 » Fri Jan 20, 2017 8:08 am

Thanks Dan for posting another great video...I second all the remarks above. Awesome job...

You might want to consider the buck costume as a future DVD cover! :lol:

Chad
Waymore

Unread postby Waymore » Fri Jan 20, 2017 9:37 am

Great video and congrats on a great buck. I really liked what you said on the podcast about going into a public land and coming out the winner. It's amazing that once you found out that is the buck you wanted to kill to got it done rather quickly when others couldn't. You must be very proud that you basically killed the biggest buck seen on that stretch of public land.

I was wondering if you could share how many hours per day you hunted versus scouted? Are you out there all day? On morning hunts how early do you get there and how long do you stay on stand. Same with evening hunts. Did you hunt the midday hours or use that time for scouting? Also how were you able to shoot that buck? Did you have to get it to stand up? And one last question. Are you sure you are not part wolf or something. Wading through water in bare feet? Are you kidding me. I guess I am just a wuss :lol:

Thanks

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”