Tennessee Potential World Record Buck

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Twenty Up
500 Club

Tennessee Potential World Record Buck

Unread postby Twenty Up » Fri Jan 13, 2017 1:12 pm

http://www.wwaytv3.com/2017/01/11/tennessee-hunter/

47 points and will score over 300" after the appropriate drying time. I've heard people claim the buck weighted 145lbs dressed weight...

Trust the Process~~ Lost Boys Outdoors ~~

YoutTube: https://youtube.com/channel/UC7TXknGut5WfZQ6CbddgqYg
Jackson Marsh

Re: Tennessee Potential World Record Buck

Unread postby Jackson Marsh » Fri Jan 13, 2017 1:26 pm

:shock:

That's a big one.
Mibowfreak
500 Club

Unread postby Mibowfreak » Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:27 pm

I believe it was also aged at 3.5. If true, I cant imagine what he could have looked like in the future.
Hawthorne
500 Club

Unread postby Hawthorne » Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:37 pm

Freak of nature to only be 3.5. Nice to see it came from Tennessee and not one of the likely areas of the Midwest. I read the Hansen buck was aged at 3.5 also. Who would think both world records were immature bucks? Lol
jwilkstn
500 Club
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jason.wilkerson.71

Unread postby jwilkstn » Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:40 pm

The TWRA agent that scored it initially said it appeared 3.5, but after further discussion he now believes it was 4.5
Not all those who wander are lost...
JoeRE
500 Club

Unread postby JoeRE » Sat Jan 14, 2017 3:09 am

Hawthorne wrote:Freak of nature to only be 3.5. Nice to see it came from Tennessee and not one of the likely areas of the Midwest. I read the Hansen buck was aged at 3.5 also. Who would think both world records were immature bucks? Lol

Yea I don't know if the Hansen buck was ever cementum aged...I have heard 3 and I have heard 4 years old estimated. For typical, a 4 year old is the most likely age to be a world record because beyond that non-typical and a-symmetrical growth starts piling up. The Tennessee deer is incredible at either 3 or 4....imagine what he would have looked like at 5 or 6. Probably would have become a true 400 inch WILD deer. That has been done in a pen force feeding bucks steroids but never found in the wild that we know of :shock:

15-20 years ago I remember seeing photos in North American Whitetail of a non-typical buck that was shot, supposedly a yearling with about 20 points and scored close to 200. It looked like a smaller version of this buck. This one probably looked like that as a yearling too....
vtbuck
500 Club

Unread postby vtbuck » Sat Jan 14, 2017 4:40 am

WOW! Get ready for the rumor mill to run wild. Awesome deer. Hope it's legit.
Perfection is a dream, practice is hard work, and achieving a goal is making that goal a reality.
Stanley
Honorary Moderator
Facebook: None

Unread postby Stanley » Sat Jan 14, 2017 4:56 am

:o
You can fool some of the bucks, all of the time, and fool all of the bucks, some of the time, however you certainly can't fool all of the bucks, all of the time.
jwilkstn
500 Club
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jason.wilkerson.71

Unread postby jwilkstn » Sat Jan 14, 2017 5:00 am

vtbuck wrote:WOW! Get ready for the rumor mill to run wild. Awesome deer. Hope it's legit.

It is. Lots of guys had pics of this buck (was on the local forum back in August), and when Stephen Tucker killed it he called the game warden right away. He knew there would be alot of talk and he wisely had the regional supervisor himself come out and check everything out and also green score the buck.

Another thing about this buck is that he apparently couldn't browse twigs and was only able to eat plants because he was missing either his top or bottom front teeth. I can't remember which it was offhand, but it appeared the buck never had them. This likely played a role in him growing such a rack because he apparently only ate high protein soybeans all summer instead of a lower quality mixed diet. They said this also complicated the jawbone aging because at first glance the wear indicated he was 3.5. Upon further discussion, they now believe it could have been 4.5.
Not all those who wander are lost...
wickedbruiser
500 Club

Unread postby wickedbruiser » Sat Jan 14, 2017 5:03 am

Looking legit. World record taken by hunter. I believe it doesn't mean overall though. Sweet looking buck!
vtbuck
500 Club

Unread postby vtbuck » Sat Jan 14, 2017 5:06 am

jwilkstn wrote:
vtbuck wrote:WOW! Get ready for the rumor mill to run wild. Awesome deer. Hope it's legit.

It is. Lots of guys had pics of this buck (was on the local forum back in August), and when Stephen Tucker killed it he called the game warden right away. He knew there would be alot of talk and he wisely had the regional supervisor himself come out and check everything out and also green score the buck.

Another thing about this buck is that he apparently couldn't browse twigs and was only able to eat plants because he was missing either his top or bottom front teeth. I can't remember which it was offhand, but it appeared the buck never had them. This likely played a role in him growing such a rack because he apparently only ate high protein soybeans all summer instead of a lower quality mixed diet. They said this also complicated the jawbone aging because at first glance the wear indicated he was 3.5. Upon further discussion, they now believe it could have been 4.5.

Good to hear it's legit and hunters are covering the bases when they harvest animals like this. Everything is too scrutinized now days. To much jealousy in the world.
Perfection is a dream, practice is hard work, and achieving a goal is making that goal a reality.
Uncle Lou

Unread postby Uncle Lou » Sun Jan 15, 2017 5:34 am

Congratulations to that hunter, amazing rack
Silence Your Gear with Stealth Strips®
http://www.stealthoutdoors.com

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”