What is the longest you pursued a single buck?

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Bowhunter4life
500 Club

Re: What is the longest you pursued a single buck?

Unread postby Bowhunter4life » Sat Jan 07, 2017 7:57 am

3 years. Found him when he was a 3.5 year old. Had photos of him and picked up his shed that year. Following season I was unable to get it done on him but did see him a couple times. Last year on the opening day of rifle season I put him down which was a very fun chase getting to know that deer well and see him dodge all the pressure to get at least 5 years of age. He was also the biggest deer I've put body wise weighing well over 200 lbs field dressed. For this area that is big

Hawthorne
500 Club

Unread postby Hawthorne » Sat Jan 07, 2017 8:14 am

I had one on cam for 3 years in Michigan. He had a non typical rack with a lot of points since he was a 2 year old. All my pics were in summer near ag fields.The buck was unkillable for me because he spent the fall in a big swamp a mile and a half from me all private land that the Amish owned part of it. It was killed by an Amish guy and was a 17 pointer. Very rare here to have history with a buck. Most don't make it past their 2nd or 3rd year
Jonny
500 Club

Unread postby Jonny » Sat Jan 07, 2017 11:27 am

About 5 minutes. Haven't gotten to the point where I am hunting specific bucks. Working on it, it will come. Working on moving past brown is down and being patient and working for something bigger. 5 minutes is about how long it took for me to see, decide to shoot and shoot all 3 of the bucks I have shot
You have a monkey Mr. Munson?

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”