Deer liver

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

checkerfred
500 Club

Re: Deer liver

Unread postby checkerfred » Sun Jan 08, 2017 5:11 am

dan wrote:Used to always eat them or save them... Have not in a while now though. I remember another hunter looking at me with disgust once and saying "You eat the liver??? Do you eat your oil filter off your truck??? I said NO, but I don't eat the hind tires either...

Lololol that's a great response

headgear
500 Club

Unread postby headgear » Sun Jan 08, 2017 10:15 am

Something to remember, the liver is nothing more than a filter. It does not store all the bad stuff, just processes it and moves it along. You aren't eating a lifetime of toxins and other waist. With that said the warnings shouldn't be taken lightly, if you live in a polluted area (big cities or metal processing plants) I probably wouldn't eat the liver of those deer. On the plus side if you do you have your own liver to take care of the bad stuff. More than likely hitting a fast food joint is probably more toxic than eating deer liver so overall I wouldn't worry about it.
U.P. bownut
500 Club

Unread postby U.P. bownut » Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:20 am

magicman54494 wrote:google deer liver flukes and you will never eat another liver again!

Yeah I always ate the livers back in the day... before i knew about flukes. Now im wondering if i ever ate any. This is the first year I learned about them and sure enough the doe i killed had them.
"Freedom Isn't Free"

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”