Driving deer in the public marsh.

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Re: Driving deer in the public marsh.

Unread postby dan » Wed Jan 04, 2017 7:54 am

Nocturnal wrote:Good video.. I've noticed a lot of beds on higher ground off the islands. Especially late season once the ice covered the main trails. Is it pressure that pushes them further off? Or do you see this often? There's been a lot of times I've debated getting on a island but figured my chances of bumping them from their mains beds to be to great.

Everyone is different... That's where scouting comes in play. You gotta know what your up against. I shot one big buck on that same drive when I got in the same tree as in the video, then sent the standers to the island and they pushed a buck bedded on the island straight to me. And, once bow hunting I jumped a good one on the island while climbing my tree.

creepingdeth
500 Club
Facebook: Huh?

Unread postby creepingdeth » Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:28 am

Crazy question for Dan or anyone.....how do you work the wind on a drive like that...a crosswind or face/back side to the posters? Thanx in advance :handgestures-thumbupright: :handgestures-thumbupright: :handgestures-thumbupright:
Yesterdays common sense is no longer common
dan
Site Owner

Unread postby dan » Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:38 am

creepingdeth wrote:Crazy question for Dan or anyone.....how do you work the wind on a drive like that...a crosswind or face/back side to the posters? Thanx in advance :handgestures-thumbupright: :handgestures-thumbupright: :handgestures-thumbupright:

Who ever is going up wind of the bedding goes in last. Someone covers every escape, but really the big stuff rarely runs crosswind, usually up or down wind. I have noticed big bucks go crosswind when you leave an escape uncovered, and believe they often are aware of where everyone is. Another reason to be quiet.
Bowhunter4life
500 Club

Unread postby Bowhunter4life » Wed Jan 04, 2017 3:05 pm

Very cool video. I've never been involved in any deer drives but can see when done right they are effective.
dan
Site Owner

Unread postby dan » Sat Jan 14, 2017 5:25 am

Wear a T-shirt that says "Make America great again" and watch the crazy comments pile up under the video LOL :lol: aNYBODY READ ANY OF THAT? That's exactly why we keep a handle on abusive posts at the BEAST.. People are crazy!
hunter_mike

Unread postby hunter_mike » Sat Jan 14, 2017 5:38 am

dan wrote:Wear a T-shirt that says "Make America great again" and watch the crazy comments pile up under the video LOL :lol: aNYBODY READ ANY OF THAT? That's exactly why we keep a handle on abusive posts at the BEAST.. People are crazy!

Had to take a look. :lol: Youtube has some of the dumbest arguments in the comments
“The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
Jonny
500 Club

Unread postby Jonny » Sat Jan 14, 2017 5:46 am

hunter_mike wrote:
dan wrote:Wear a T-shirt that says "Make America great again" and watch the crazy comments pile up under the video LOL :lol: aNYBODY READ ANY OF THAT? That's exactly why we keep a handle on abusive posts at the BEAST.. People are crazy!

Had to take a look. :lol: Youtube has some of the dumbest arguments in the comments

I go to youtube to read the comments. The one from that video is just hilarious.
You have a monkey Mr. Munson?
bigwoodshuntn

Unread postby bigwoodshuntn » Sat Jan 14, 2017 6:45 am

Just gotta laugh and wonder how the heck people can get so worked up over something so little! Makes for a good read anyway :lol:
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Sat Jan 14, 2017 6:51 am

bigwoodshuntn wrote:

Just gotta laugh and wonder how the heck people can get so worked up over something so little! Makes for a good read anyway :lol:

Person that commented was obviously one of Hillary's basket of deplorables. :lol:
darenative

Unread postby darenative » Sat Jan 14, 2017 3:25 pm

Gotta love those snowflakes :lol: The next 8 years are gonna be a hoot :D

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”