Do any Beast members hunt together?

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Zonk54

Re: Do any Beast members hunt together?

Unread postby Zonk54 » Fri Dec 30, 2016 7:04 am

I've hunted with Jackson marsh before. The guy is lazy and puts no work into finding his own spots. He needs to stay out of Iowa.

Mario
ProStaff

Unread postby Mario » Fri Dec 30, 2016 7:13 am

Hunting with like minded people is always fun, I have been fortunate to hunt a lot with Dan in the last 5 years. I have learned to be an observer and listener... the most fun is coming up with plans for specific sets or locations.. then executing on them... when you are doing multiple sits and both guys have like minded goals you can really work together to break down and area and stack the odds in your favor... then share in each others successes and failures :D
justin84
500 Club

Unread postby justin84 » Fri Dec 30, 2016 7:36 am

Hodag and I went musky fishing once this year, but no hunting.

It would be fun for some of us SE WI guys to get together. Maybe I'm naive but I doubt the people I'm thinking of would steal each others spots. We're all honest enough and work hard enough to respect boundaries. I have such a growing list of public SE WI spots, I'd love to see if others think I'm on the right track.
utica19

Unread postby utica19 » Fri Dec 30, 2016 8:06 am

Have not hunted with any known Beasts. My buddy that I have hunted with for 20 plus years since we were kids is not nearly as hungry for putting work in as I am. Which is fine, I just have finally learned to not let that slow me down.

If anyone is ever interested in doing some late winter/early spring public land scouting, feel free to message me. I live in Waukesha Co.
tgreeno
500 Club

Unread postby tgreeno » Fri Dec 30, 2016 8:33 am

justin84 wrote:It would be fun for some of us SE WI guys to get together. Maybe I'm naive but I doubt the people I'm thinking of would steal each others spots. We're all honest enough and work hard enough to respect boundaries. I have such a growing list of public SE WI spots, I'd love to see if others think I'm on the right track.

I feel the same way!

I think there are a few beasts less than an hour from me, but it doesn't sound like we hunt any of the same areas. I also have a ever-expanding list of spots in Fond du Lac, Sheboygan & Washington counties.

Even to just get together and meet each other since we all live so close.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It's better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid, than to open it an remove all doubt
Hodag Hunter
500 Club

Unread postby Hodag Hunter » Fri Dec 30, 2016 8:44 am

I have fished with Magicman, Muddy and Justin84 and hunt with Magic on occasion. We discuss conditions and tactics a lot over the phone.

Sometimes he even goes to my house when I'm out of town working.....he says just to plow the driveway but my wife always has a big smile on her face when I get home. Magic is a great guy. Lol

Have told stories with a few cocktails with other members, one night with crazy Ed from the East coast.

Met other members and trade texts through out the year trying to align schedules to at least fish together someday. Some great guys on this site.
matt1336
500 Club

Unread postby matt1336 » Fri Dec 30, 2016 9:21 am

Nope. I've offered but haven't been taken up on them to date.
Edcyclopedia

Unread postby Edcyclopedia » Fri Dec 30, 2016 9:57 am

Hodag Hunter wrote:
Have told stories with a few cocktails with other members, one night with crazy Ed from the East coast.

That was fun for sure. I was a lucky fellow to meet you guys.

I was Jason's mini me - he is one big dude!
I can take him though... :P

For drinks - lol
Expect the Unexpected when you least Expect it...
tbunao
500 Club

Unread postby tbunao » Fri Dec 30, 2016 12:34 pm

DeerDylan wrote:I hunt and scout a bit with tbunao. It's fun, different and he gets after it.

IMO it's good to scout or hunt with another. He sees things I don't or vice versa. Having 2 different opinions about an area can be a great learning tool. One of you will be wrong while the other is spot on. It's a great way to speed up the learning curve if your open minded and if you are both like minded in a sense. On the same cycle :lol: :lol:
strutnrut716
500 Club

Unread postby strutnrut716 » Fri Dec 30, 2016 12:46 pm

tgreeno wrote:
justin84 wrote:It would be fun for some of us SE WI guys to get together. Maybe I'm naive but I doubt the people I'm thinking of would steal each others spots. We're all honest enough and work hard enough to respect boundaries. I have such a growing list of public SE WI spots, I'd love to see if others think I'm on the right track.

I feel the same way!

I think there are a few beasts less than an hour from me, but it doesn't sound like we hunt any of the same areas. I also have a ever-expanding list of spots in Fond du Lac, Sheboygan & Washington counties.

Even to just get together and meet each other since we all live so close.

I would be up for a meet tgreeno. Im Fond du Lac, Sheboygan, Manitowoc, Calumet counties
PK_
500 Club

Unread postby PK_ » Fri Dec 30, 2016 12:52 pm

I did for the first time this year with CBay. It was really fun and I hope we get to do it again sometime. Comparing notes and strategizing together added a whole new deminsion.

Our hunt was on a property neither of us been to before. I think that is the way to go. That way nobody feels encroached on or taken advantage of.

I would say pick someone with similar outlook, work ethic and desire.
No Shortcuts. No Excuses. No Regrets.
Everybody's selling dreams. I'm too cheap to buy one.
Rich M wrote:Typically, hunting FL has been like getting a root canal
Jackson Marsh

Unread postby Jackson Marsh » Fri Dec 30, 2016 1:10 pm

Zonk54 wrote:I've hunted with Jackson marsh before. The guy is lazy and puts no work into finding his own spots. He needs to stay out of Iowa.

I seem to recall you leaving early because "the deer aren't moving" on the day I killed my last Iowa buck. I also remember you not showing up for the brutal drag out :mrgreen:
Edcyclopedia

Unread postby Edcyclopedia » Fri Dec 30, 2016 1:29 pm

Jackson Marsh wrote:
Zonk54 wrote:I've hunted with Jackson marsh before. The guy is lazy and puts no work into finding his own spots. He needs to stay out of Iowa.

I seem to recall you leaving early because "the deer aren't moving" on the day I killed my last Iowa buck. I also remember you not showing up for the brutal drag out :mrgreen:

This is getting juicy. ..
Expect the Unexpected when you least Expect it...
mag1
500 Club

Unread postby mag1 » Fri Dec 30, 2016 1:34 pm

I've cyber scouted with a few beasts to get their input. I have 2 buddies that I hunt a few days with. It's nice with the one out of town since he's not on the same spots I am when I can't get out. My other buddie and I have been in the same area, but normally not together, so we are sharing on what is going on. it is nice to have another with you as you try to figure out what is happening in a large area that would take years to understand on limited time.
cbay
500 Club

Unread postby cbay » Fri Dec 30, 2016 2:27 pm

In years past when i got fired up and tried to share stuff with another hunter it was like talking to a pet rock.

Hunting with Pk this fall was a great experience and i'm sure we'll hunt more in the future together. Being on the same page and having similar goals and strategies made things super smooth.

If you get a chance to hunt with a fellow Beast i'd say your chances of having a lot in common is much higher than non Beast members.
Scout.  Learn.  Hunt

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”