Should I Buy a New Bow?

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Tufrthnails
500 Club

Re: Should I Buy a New Bow?

Unread postby Tufrthnails » Wed Dec 21, 2016 2:50 am

Octang wrote:Thanks for the thoughts everyone!

I already have a good mobile setup. I have a Summit Viper SD that I'm very happy with and I recently modified it by attaching MOLLE II shoulder straps and a belt harness to it so it is exceptionally comfortable and easy to pack in anywhere in the woods.

I went back and shot the bows for a third time and I still liked the Hoyt Defiant quite a bit better than the Powermax (which I also still liked). So I bit the bullet and laid down the cash. I didn't want to spend that much, but I'm pretty excited about the purchase... Buy once, cry once, right?

I've had my old bow long enough, I don't really want to sink any money into it. I'm not really getting back into bow hunting on a whim, the only reason I didn't go bowhunting in the past 15 years was because my life didn't allow it. I went to college away from my hunting land, moved even further away after college (still made a point to come back for gun season though), and then when I moved back to the area I lost access to the hunting land. I am now finally in a position to bowhunt again and I can't wait!

Congrats. I think you did what I hear about so many not doing and taking the time to shoot different bows and actually assess which fits better to you instead of buying a brand. I hear good things about the defiant.

Tuf- The below average hunting beast
whitetailassasin

Re: Should I Buy a New Bow?

Unread postby whitetailassasin » Wed Dec 21, 2016 3:16 am

Congrats on your new bow and getting back into hunting again. Lots of good advice and options. I think you did the right thing and followed what your heart wanted and said. :clap:

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”