The buck that just won't stay dead

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Lockdown

Re: The buck that just won't stay dead

Unread postby Lockdown » Mon Dec 12, 2016 11:54 pm

I just don't get it. The last thing I would ever do is claim someone else's deer.

I've heard stories of people leaving deer to die after the shot, then later find a gut pile at the end of their blood trail. Makes me so mad. And stories of people buying racks to claim as their own an such. So dumb.

Just glad you got it all straitened out Magic.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

hunter_mike

Unread postby hunter_mike » Tue Dec 13, 2016 12:04 am

Thats just crazy

[ Post made via Android ] Image
“The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
Southern Man
500 Club

Unread postby Southern Man » Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:18 am

dan wrote:
Hodag Hunter wrote:
Stanley wrote:Crazy...... I would have probably just ignored the clown. The truth is easy to remember.

I had same thought until info leaked the door knob reported it to the Warden as a stolen deer.

Not me... I would of went right after the guy... Remember a few years back when a Dude stole my "400 pound slob" photo and used it in his outfitting website as a client killed buck? A lot of people believed that clown... He tried doing the same thing, said it was to simulate the size of his bucks cause he had no pictures. :roll: If you don't go after these clowns, not only do they make YOU look bad, they do it again to some other innocent guy.

I agree.

Also, you should go straight to the NY Game warden who handled that case. These guys give us all a bad name.
You Can't Argue With A Sick Mind
stash59

Unread postby stash59 » Tue Dec 13, 2016 5:41 am

:o :shock: :? :doh: :doh: :doh: :roll: :twisted:
oneflag

Unread postby oneflag » Tue Dec 13, 2016 7:31 am

A neighbor/friend txt me a picture of a big buck that was supposedly killed in an area I hunt.
I thought “no way” and questioned him, he guaranteed me it was.
I thought about it a couple days then did the ole google image search. The picture was a 2014 buck that was possibly a new state record; in another state! Why did he need to BS me?
Wlog
500 Club

Unread postby Wlog » Tue Dec 13, 2016 7:39 am

Makes me not really want to put any pictures on the internet that's for sure. Hunting is getting to be so much like a competition and I'm getting sick of it. So many egotistical maniacs are out there.

Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding.
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Tue Dec 13, 2016 8:13 am

Wlog wrote:Makes me not really want to put any pictures on the internet that's for sure. Hunting is getting to be so much like a competition and I'm getting sick of it. So many egotistical maniacs are out there.

I agree

magicman54494
500 Club

Unread postby magicman54494 » Tue Dec 13, 2016 8:39 am

Dewey wrote:
Wlog wrote:Makes me not really want to put any pictures on the internet that's for sure. Hunting is getting to be so much like a competition and I'm getting sick of it. So many egotistical maniacs are out there.

I agree

Then the bad guys win.
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Tue Dec 13, 2016 9:42 am

magicman54494 wrote:
Dewey wrote:

I agree

Then the bad guys win.

True but it still makes a guy think twice about what we put out there. Internet predators are real. It's unfortunate but also a good wake up call that really makes a guy wonder if it's worth it after what you dealt with. This is not the first time I have seen something like this happen with an internet buck and it won't be the last. Back in the old days we shared pictures with close friends and family but now when you post a picture online literally the entire world can see it. Pretty scary if you think about it that way.

wickedbruiser
500 Club

Unread postby wickedbruiser » Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:51 pm

Crazy! The things people do to be in the spotlight. Glad you confronted that schmuck

headgear
500 Club

Unread postby headgear » Tue Dec 13, 2016 2:05 pm

magicman54494 wrote:Then the bad guys win.

Agreed. If you are in the pic with the buck it makes it harder for others to claim you stole their 2016 time traveling buck.
Last edited by headgear on Tue Dec 13, 2016 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JoeRE
500 Club

Unread postby JoeRE » Tue Dec 13, 2016 2:07 pm

Southern Man wrote:
dan wrote:
Hodag Hunter wrote:
Stanley wrote:Crazy...... I would have probably just ignored the clown. The truth is easy to remember.

I had same thought until info leaked the door knob reported it to the Warden as a stolen deer.

Not me... I would of went right after the guy... Remember a few years back when a Dude stole my "400 pound slob" photo and used it in his outfitting website as a client killed buck? A lot of people believed that clown... He tried doing the same thing, said it was to simulate the size of his bucks cause he had no pictures. :roll: If you don't go after these clowns, not only do they make YOU look bad, they do it again to some other innocent guy.

I agree.

Also, you should go straight to the NY Game warden who handled that case. These guys give us all a bad name.

I agree. The problem with getting away with something wrong once is that makes the due think he can do it again.

Kinda like when you hear about somebody getting caught doing something really dumb....like driving home stone drunk, they always say "this is the only time I've ever done it!" Bull**** chances are they do it every Saturday.

Bet this wasn't the only kill photo that got borrowed by that dude. Magic pushed back harder than most would and the scumback got scared.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”