Congrats Jonathen Hopgarten

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Re: Congrats Jonathen Hopgarten

Unread postby dan » Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:49 pm

Haters are gonna hate... Its what they do... No matter who shoots a big buck, and no matter where they shoot it, haters come out of the woodwork green with jealousy. If someone cut up my stand, I would move on too... Just this year went to one of my favorite spots and someone had set up 50 yards from me and cut shooting lanes with a chain saw on the public land and onto the private... I quit hunting there, and did not report him. Will that make me a poacher when I kill a big buck somewhere else? Trust me, if it was shady he never would of mentioned it in the article. I have been the victim of haters as many times as I have shot big bucks. Its enough for a guy to loose faith in man kind. Unless you have facts that prove someone is poaching, you should keep your mouth shut.

Congrats Jonathen... Keep your chin up. Been there brother, when it seems like everyone is a hater, remember that the silent majority is not.

wickedbruiser
500 Club

Unread postby wickedbruiser » Sat Dec 03, 2016 2:25 am

DeerDylan wrote:
wickedbruiser wrote:
DeerDylan wrote:Monster buck.

Good eye, Sam. That's a valid point.

[ Post made via Android ] Image

Not going to lie. The story itself was a bit twisted. If my honey hole treestand of 10 years got sawed up for no apparent reason and then the guy kicked me out of the area I was hunting legally, you bet I'm calling the warden. And if it were me and I shot a buck of this caliber, you bet again I'm calling the warden just so people don't call bs.

I'm not taking sides and I hope this is a true legit harvest. I will continue to say congrats until proven otherwise.

Exactly. I've stayed out of this thread because I hate to be that negative guy.

Whatever the case it's a truly special deer.

I might have to make a Mass. Trip soon! :)

My comments are not intended to be negative. I would have just took precaution to minimize hate and accusation on taking possibly one of the top 3 nontypicals in MA.

DeerDylan, sounds good. We'll pound some public together.

DeerDylan
500 Club

Unread postby DeerDylan » Sat Dec 03, 2016 2:29 am

dan wrote:Haters are gonna hate... Its what they do... No matter who shoots a big buck, and no matter where they shoot it, haters come out of the woodwork green with jealousy. If someone cut up my stand, I would move on too... Just this year went to one of my favorite spots and someone had set up 50 yards from me and cut shooting lanes with a chain saw on the public land and onto the private... I quit hunting there, and did not report him. Will that make me a poacher when I kill a big buck somewhere else? Trust me, if it was shady he never would of mentioned it in the article. I have been the victim of haters as many times as I have shot big bucks. Its enough for a guy to loose faith in man kind. Unless you have facts that prove someone is poaching, you should keep your mouth shut.

Congrats Jonathen... Keep your chin up. Been there brother, when it seems like everyone is a hater, remember that the silent majority is not.

I'm not calling the dude a poacher or not but fair enough. I've never been there.
Sam Ubl
500 Club
Facebook: https://www.carbontv.com/shows/chase-na ... red-slider

Unread postby Sam Ubl » Sat Dec 03, 2016 4:41 am

That buck is a GIANT!!! Wow :shock:
Chase Nation | Reality Hunting TV | http://www.chasenation.tv
Watch Chase Nation on Carbon TV: https://www.carbontv.com/shows/chase-na ... red-slider
Huntmore | http://www.huntmore.io/
venisonassassin
500 Club

Unread postby venisonassassin » Sat Dec 03, 2016 4:05 pm

8-)
hunter10
500 Club

Unread postby hunter10 » Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:22 am

I agree with Dan, there is a thousand reasons why a story may not add up but at the end of the day if this guy really was a fake, he wouldn't have posted such a story. I have had stands stolen and heard stories from friends that are true but bizzare. Unfortunately, some people will do anything to alter another's success to gain their best chance at a trophy buck. I believe this to be a true honest kill

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
cedarsavage
500 Club
Facebook: No facebook

Unread postby cedarsavage » Tue Dec 06, 2016 5:55 am

That's a nice buck too bad people have to be like that. The accuser said they were just "a third party'" that's what my dad always called "third crapper from the left", we all know how easily facts can be skewed when you hear something from someone who heard it from someone who heard it from someone else. Dan you handle that stuff better than I would.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
ThePreBanMan
500 Club

Unread postby ThePreBanMan » Tue Dec 06, 2016 2:42 pm

The buck was harvested in Plympton, MA according to the article and also a post from someone who allegedly helped him drag it out. A quick look at the MA State Online GIS Mapping System and Property Viewer reveals there is NO public or conservation land open to hunting in Plympton. So - assuming the article and poster are accurate as to the location of harvest - then it must have come from private property. So - then the only questions remaining would be did he have permission and was the land posted? If he had permission - he's good to go. If he didn't was the land posted? We have open field law here in MA. So even if he didn't have permission - if the land wasn't posted... he's good. Albeit - I think it pretty poor character to hunt private without the owner's knowledge or consent, that's just my opinion and not the law... Now if the land was posted and he didn't have permission - well then he's in some serious trouble.

I don't know what the facts are or the answer to the questions posed. The only fact I know for sure is that there is no public land available for hunting in the reported town of harvest. All I can say is I hope it's legit.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”