Hot doe

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

jmaas07
500 Club

Hot doe

Unread postby jmaas07 » Tue Nov 22, 2016 12:43 pm

THis morning I had a 4 pt breed a doe right in front of my stand, he pushed her south of me and into the thick. The doe was making these deep bleets almost sounding like grunting. So I moved my stand 100 yards south where he pushed her in. Tonight at 530 a lone deer comes out 100 yards north, exactly where my stand was this morning and I see it's a doe, she walks my way and is behind me and I hear the deep bleeding again, it's the doe from this morning, now she turnes and starts walking back where she came from, seemed almost like she was in a daze. Then I see a big buck come out exactly where my stand was this morning, he steps out then starts heading back into the thick immediately, at that point I had him in my scope and pulled the trigger. No blood, clean miss im sure of it. He didn't seem fased, the doe ran towards him and they both went back into the woods. I moved my stand back to where it was in the morning already and I'll be there all day tomorrow. QUestion is, how long will that doe stay in heat? Iv heard 2-3 days. Think shell stay in that area? Hopefully she drags another buck back through in the morning, or her scent stays. My plan is to park it right in that spot the next 2 days.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

Hawthorne
500 Club

Re: Hot doe

Unread postby Hawthorne » Tue Nov 22, 2016 1:04 pm

I seen on a few occasions big bucks breeding does in the middle of a wide open crop fields.Went out the next morning and couple times they were in the same spot. Never did kill one of them but my brother killed a buck the day after I saw him mount a doe. He wasn't with the doe the next day.These were top end bucks for the area. I think they lead them in the middle of those fields away from deer and hunting pressure. Your situation is an automatic hunt. I think they only stay in heat 24 hours tho. Good luck!

jmaas07
500 Club

Unread postby jmaas07 » Tue Nov 22, 2016 1:38 pm

Ya, this is in a crp field, so similar. Hopefully she's still hot in the am

Joe68
500 Club
Facebook: Don't believe in facebook

Unread postby Joe68 » Tue Nov 22, 2016 3:12 pm

Good luck jmaas. Your gonna catch a break soon or later. I'm pulling for ya. Hopefully we'll see something in the kill zone tomorrow.

[ Post made via Android ] Image

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”