What does "beast" mean...to you????

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Ol'DanBoone

What does "beast" mean...to you????

Unread postby Ol'DanBoone » Sun Nov 20, 2016 3:04 pm

Sooo,we all use that term "beast". Im not fully aware of its origins, though i have a good idea, or its original, intended meaning. But when i first came here and saw "beast style" or what have you, i very much associated it with the tactics, in particular: bed hunting.
On the tactical level, ive really, really learned ALOT. Whats better is.....the learning is still happening. Im wondering, "geez, what kind of crazy good success will i be having fuve years from now?"
But today i took a dude out to some public land, land i first went to when i was trying to learn. I took him around, showed him a few places he could pop a small buck with his rifle, or a doe with his compound. I showed him why the deer use it, how they use it, edge, security cover, how the wind works there, etc. I wanted to br good to him and help him out a little.
Anyways, the point is, i LEARNED ALOT. I saw things i had viewed before, but hadnt "see". I realized how i had previously picked some killer spots, but never hunted them because i didnt have enough faith, or confidence in myself. There were so many opprotunities missed for second guessing myself. I was actually doing pretty good back then, even when i was "green".
My point is this, more than anything, i now realize that, for ne anyways, "beast style" is more of an attitude, a confidence. A positive, "i can get them" philosophy, and its really not so much tactical.
So, to you guys out there, what does it mean to YOU???? In what way have you benefitted the most from here??? Have you gained more confidence, knowledge, both???? Please share all you experiences in detail.

-thanks,
Hunter.

[ Post made via Android ] Image

Lockdown

Re: What does "beast" mean...to you????

Unread postby Lockdown » Sun Nov 20, 2016 3:57 pm

To me a beast style hunter is a bedding oriented mobile hunter who focuses on preseason and in season scouting achieve success.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Sun Nov 20, 2016 10:43 pm

80% tactical 20% state of mind.
magicman54494
500 Club

Unread postby magicman54494 » Sun Nov 20, 2016 11:33 pm

Being a beast to me is being able to succeed in any season or condition or location.

john1984

Unread postby john1984 » Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:08 am

To me "beast" just means your a good hunter.

Hawthorne
500 Club

Unread postby Hawthorne » Mon Nov 21, 2016 9:58 am

To me it means scouting for big buck bedding areas then hunting them down and killing them. A lot easier said than done especially in areas not many big bucks exist. Look at the great hunters on this sight. Most didn't get there bucks till the rut, even tough for the most experienced to get it done.

Ghost Hunter

Unread postby Ghost Hunter » Mon Nov 21, 2016 12:37 pm

Knowing area well enough to think ahead of the deer an know his next move.
I'm reason they call it hunting and not shooting.
john1984

Unread postby john1984 » Mon Nov 21, 2016 1:55 pm

I used to pitch a fuss cuz members were not killing bucks before November. But I've now come to the reAlization thAt its cuz most take their vaca during rut, NOT during EARLY season. But, if EVERYBODY would get 30 day paid holiday from mid Sept 2 mid Oct, you'd be WITHOUT excuse. bUT until thAT times comes, you all good. :)

PK_
500 Club

Unread postby PK_ » Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:07 pm

Consistently killing deer that have consistently evaded other hunters for multiple years.

No Shortcuts. No Excuses. No Regrets.
Everybody's selling dreams. I'm too cheap to buy one.
Rich M wrote:Typically, hunting FL has been like getting a root canal
Ol'DanBoone

Unread postby Ol'DanBoone » Mon Nov 21, 2016 3:59 pm

PK_ wrote:Consistently killing deer that have consistently evaded other hunters for multiple years.

No guff!!! In the back of my mind, even when i set out to learn to "just kill deer without bait"(i sure didnt set the bar high) that was the real goal. And i kno this may be arrogant, self seeking, or self absorbed, but i wanted to become "that guy" in my area. As shy, timid and introverted as i am, i wanted people to see me and think "there is Hunter, he is one dedicated bowhunter" and i wanted the big bucks to prove it.

I know how bad that sounds, but there is just something about that drive to be one of the best when it comes to that one pursuit or lifes passion that you have, and of course, to be recognized for it.

Its kind of comical, in todays social climate where people self identify as left, right, conservative, liberal, gay, straight, transgender, people of color, southern, what have you, even above saying im a christian(and this is sort of shameful) i self i dentify as a bowhunter. Hahaha. It makes for some weird social interactions when im around people i dont know.

cbay
500 Club

Unread postby cbay » Tue Nov 22, 2016 4:06 am

Getting away from hang and hope. Hunting with a plan, killing bucks on purpose, knowing where they bed. An overall awareness of what's going on and the ability to make it happen. All of which is possible because of this site.

Scout.  Learn.  Hunt
RidgeReaper

Unread postby RidgeReaper » Tue Nov 22, 2016 4:46 am

To me it's simply having a predator mindset. To learn about and understand the caliber of animal I'm in pursuit of and to understand that basic tactics aren't enough. To do things other guys think I'm absolutely crazy for doing!

BigHills BuckHunter
500 Club

Unread postby BigHills BuckHunter » Tue Nov 22, 2016 5:01 am

To put it simply...knowing as much as you can about that individual buck. Me vs. HIM.

BigHills BuckHunter
500 Club

Unread postby BigHills BuckHunter » Tue Nov 22, 2016 5:01 am

To put it simply...knowing as much as you can about that individual buck. Me vs. HIM.

Ol'DanBoone

Unread postby Ol'DanBoone » Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:18 am

Heck yeah, lots of good answers.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”