Been seeing some small bucks..How can I do better?

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Mschmeiske
500 Club
Facebook: Www.facebook.com/mschmeiske

Been seeing some small bucks..How can I do better?

Unread postby Mschmeiske » Sun Nov 20, 2016 12:51 pm

So I've been consistently seeing more deer in general this year and some bucks! None of them have been older than 1.5 years... I've got some good ones on camera but it's always just before light or just after or middle of the night when they show themselves. Is there any chance that if I keep sitting these spots with small bucks a decent one could come through or do I need to switch it up and stop wasting my time in these areas? Today was our opener for gun season so I feel like my odds are decreasing as time goes on.. Or Atleast it's going to be more challenging. What are your thoughts? I'd be happy with a decent 2.5 yr old or better ;) I pass on the young ones in hopes they survive and grow.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

Bowhunting Brian
500 Club

Re: Been seeing some small bucks..How can I do better?

Unread postby Bowhunting Brian » Sun Nov 20, 2016 12:59 pm

You need to move to where the big ones are during light.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
Lockdown

Unread postby Lockdown » Sun Nov 20, 2016 7:27 pm

Move around. If you have pics of a buck just after dark or just before sunrise you aren't too far from bedding. I definitely would not keep sitting the same spots, especially with gun season opening. Cyber scout and make your best guess at where they're bedding and give it a try.

I would also move your cameras around to help try and pin point them. If your pics start getting closer to first and last light, use that intel to pin them down even more.

Just don't ruin suspected bedding by running your cams too close. If you want one really close to bedding, hunt it then place your camera before you leave.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Sun Nov 20, 2016 10:40 pm

Keep the cam's back, and move yourself forward and often.

Read this post:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=13758

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”