The Evolution of a Tree Stand Hunter.

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

JSnake

Re: The Evolution of a Tree Stand Hunter.

Unread postby JSnake » Fri Nov 18, 2016 4:40 am

WSalzNC wrote:
tgreeno wrote:I love my Hawk Helium! Very comfortable & light!

Though, I am going to try and find a used LW assault after the season to try.

I've been drooling over treestands all this year, as I've been using a buddy's summit climber and its less than desirable, even if comfortable. Lots of straight trees in NC so that's usually not an issue, but def more flexibility with a hang-on. I'm going with the Hawk Helium Kickback.

I have a Hawk Helium XL and a Helium Kickback. Both are great stands and the kickback is definitely more comfortable however it is considerably more bulky when in transit and while you're hanging it, trying to stay quiet. Going through super thick stuff with it would probably be infuriating.

I use the helium XL probably twice as much as the kickback. They are pretty reasonably priced; I recommend both. I have also enjoyed using their sticks as well. I bought the Hawk stuff to try the mobile set up without shelling out for the LW and have been satisfied with everything I've bought from them. It's not made in the USA ala Lonewolf but it's also half as expensive. For what it's worth, I put molle straps on the kickback.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”