Sitka its now everywheres!! Is it that good?

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

James
500 Club

Re: Sitka its now everywheres!! Is it that good?

Unread postby James » Thu Nov 17, 2016 10:24 am

I have some Sitka, it's nice but I don't like the camo patterns quite as much as Kuiu. Kuiu has amazing comfort with similar breakup patterns as Predator. I used to be a predator fan but nobody makes well fitted gear in predator that I've found.

Once you wear a pair of Sitka or Kuiu pants that have the fitted features it's hard to appreciate the older stuff

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

mihunter101

Unread postby mihunter101 » Thu Nov 17, 2016 11:42 am

James wrote:I have some Sitka, it's nice but I don't like the camo patterns quite as much as Kuiu. Kuiu has amazing comfort with similar breakup patterns as Predator. I used to be a predator fan but nobody makes well fitted gear in predator that I've found.

Once you wear a pair of Sitka or Kuiu pants that have the fitted features it's hard to appreciate the older stuff

Which Kuiu pants do you have?
Let's go Brandon!
mheichelbech
500 Club
Facebook: mheichelbech@gmail.com

Unread postby mheichelbech » Thu Nov 17, 2016 11:53 am

I wish the Enigma guy would get his stuff together and get his material or whatever the hold up is.

Btw, if your patient you can find good buys on used Sitka stuff on AT. Lots of guys buy the new stuff every year and dump their like new "old" camo at half the price.

"One of the chief attractions of the life of the wilderness is its rugged and stalwart democracy; there every man stands for what he actually is and can show himself to be." — Theodore Roosevelt, 1893
kenn1320
500 Club

Unread postby kenn1320 » Thu Nov 17, 2016 12:18 pm

Ive been checking out the sitka gear, that digital pattern is very appealing to me. The price is a "no way" moment, but if you look at it in person you will see the quality. The pocket placement just makes sense. I thought about how good that neck gator would feel and fell to temptation. It was $35, but probably the single best piece of gear in that price range I ever bought. Cuts the wind and amazing how much something around your neck helps with staying warm.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Its about taking the right shot at the right time with good equipment." Dan Infalt
wiscbowhntr
500 Club

Unread postby wiscbowhntr » Thu Nov 17, 2016 12:52 pm

The attack pant is the most popular KUIU pant and it is VERY comfortable

James
500 Club

Unread postby James » Thu Nov 17, 2016 1:22 pm

mihunter101 wrote:
James wrote:I have some Sitka, it's nice but I don't like the camo patterns quite as much as Kuiu. Kuiu has amazing comfort with similar breakup patterns as Predator. I used to be a predator fan but nobody makes well fitted gear in predator that I've found.

Which Kuiu pants do you have?

I have both the attack pant and the cheaper teton pants for early season. I would recommend both, the attack pants are worth the extra money. Some guys might look at them and go holy $&$!! at the price, however... the way I hunt I would burn through the $40-50 camo pants in short order. I've had my attack pants for 3 seasons and no issues whatsoever. 'No reason they won't go 3-4 season more or longer

BassBoysLLP
500 Club

Unread postby BassBoysLLP » Thu Nov 17, 2016 1:36 pm

Sitka is good stuff. Personally prefer KUIU when making longer treks plus the athletic cut fits a bit nicer. Sitka is superior in the treestand for lightweight, but difficult to argue with heavier wool open patterns for warmth. Warmth is less of a factor in the southern Midwest or farther south. Warmer weather is just a sunrise away.

Ravenhunter

Unread postby Ravenhunter » Thu Nov 17, 2016 1:56 pm

I love the fanatic series for cold temps. I've also found the fanatic lite and fanatic hoodie were worth the money. I also add kuiu at times in my layer system.

[ Post made via iPad ] Image
Longbow with a pointy stick
Hunting is Conservation
wolfie729
500 Club

Unread postby wolfie729 » Fri Nov 18, 2016 3:15 am

What patter kuiu stuff you guys like?

Earn what’s never given.
BassBoysLLP
500 Club

Unread postby BassBoysLLP » Fri Nov 18, 2016 3:50 am

Vias

mihunter101

Unread postby mihunter101 » Fri Nov 18, 2016 4:08 am

Kuiu is having a 30% off sale right now. Too bad they're already out of my size.

Let's go Brandon!
Putt4Doe

Unread postby Putt4Doe » Fri Nov 18, 2016 4:29 am

I have owned both Sitka and First Lite stuff. First lite is all I own now.

I like the fit and function of both lines, but I really like the camo pattern, build quality, material of First Lite. I also like that they try to build the most VERSATILE product that they can - meaning, it can be worn most of the season. For gear that is this expensive, that is a very important feature. Both lines are a "system" that work best when you own all the pieces of it, however, for First Lite, you can buy the North Branch jacket and bibs, and wear them from October - February and be comfortable by adjusting the layers you have underneath.

Either way, both companies are good, but I find First Lite gear to be much better.
csoult
500 Club
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/The-Open-Air-P ... 137422734/

Unread postby csoult » Fri Nov 18, 2016 9:29 am

I kinda wanted to let this thread play out before I posted in it. The topic of expensive things can be very touchy for some, not sure why, but it is. I have the mindset that you make your own money and spend it on the things you enjoy. I'm not going to care either way.

I will comment after owning Sitka gear for one year.

The Good:
The Fanatic Jacket is the best piece of cold weather hunting clothing I've ever owned period, without any question at all. I sat the last morning of archery here in pa and the temperature was 21. I never cold one little bit, and all I had on under the jacket was a base layer. I kid you not, this jacket is amazing.

The equinox pants are the most comfortable pair of pants that I've worn, not just hunting, but all pants.

After hunting in them for 6 days straight (all day sits) the polygene really seems to work and the clothes didn't stink to me.

If you or your spouse work for the government you can get 40% off using LEO Adventures.

I could make this list much longer because I really enjoy all of their clothing.

The Bad:

The pattern in the early season doesn't seem to match. I wasn't busted any more than normal but...

The clothes aren't made in america

The Ugly:

Even with the 40% off, they are pricey

The Unknown:
Durability

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”