Cyber Scout challenge

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

jbone23

Cyber Scout challenge

Unread postby jbone23 » Tue Nov 15, 2016 4:05 am

Just got access to this a new place never stepped foot on the property. Headed up at end of week which should line up with this cold front perfectly. How would yall hunt this place? It's the square looking property entered in the pic the yellow lines mark the property lines

Jlaneb
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SENDITTV/

Re: Cyber Scout challenge

Unread postby Jlaneb » Tue Nov 15, 2016 10:15 pm

Any more info? Prevailing wind direction, seasonal temps, landowner says he sees deer around here, etc. I enjoy stuff like this :)
jbone23

Unread postby jbone23 » Wed Nov 16, 2016 2:04 am

Have little to no intel. Its in Va I'm headed up there for thanksgiving. Theres a ton of deer in that area and they basically commit suicide compared to deer in the deep south. Ive seen deer on that property before, tons of does. Wind generally from west, but theres a big front pushing through so going to be a lot of North wind.
Jlaneb
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SENDITTV/

Unread postby Jlaneb » Wed Nov 16, 2016 1:14 pm

Alright, based on that that info, I like the wood lot on the SE of the property. You've got good high ground that runs up against the road, and a saddle basically on the road. You've got a nice finger in the woodline on the western edge that would provide a good movement corridor to the field (where I'm guessing the food is). Not sure when the'll be rutting up there, but if you're hunting cruising bruisers, I would look for natural travel paths on the downwind side of that field basically all day with hope of catching a buck scent checking the field.
Jrichard
Facebook: Rhode Island

Unread postby Jrichard » Thu Nov 17, 2016 6:33 am

Me personally, I know its not much, but I like the little sliver of woods running along the west side of that picture that connections the northern piece of woods to the southern piece. I bet the deer that want to get to that west side of the field funnel right into that strip. I would take a little walk through that piece. depending on how open it is.
Jrichard
Facebook: Rhode Island

Unread postby Jrichard » Thu Nov 17, 2016 6:47 am

These are my preferred spots. i know the one to the north east-ish is king of over the line but it looks kinda nice.

But if you can find some sign, I think that little strip to the east would be a good spot to sit, the deer will funnel right into that little sliver. You could probably jump out of the tree onto the deer there.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”