Good Luck Tuesday Michigan

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Re: Good Luck Tuesday Michigan

Unread postby dan » Fri Nov 18, 2016 11:00 pm

Uncle Lou wrote:Well I'm back. Hope all had a good opener, and to those that didnt get out, hope this weekend brings you success.

The tradition of the Michigan gun opener is unreal to me. As a Southern Illinois boy I was afraid of the gun opener my first 5 seasons up here. Now I try not to miss it, just something about going up north, and running into people you only see once a year, some from down here, some from up there.

I found the warm dry conditions tough for my still hunting and sightings in the national forest were down, but I saw a buck on a doe each day of my hunt. About 10 miles of walking finally yielded an 8 pt (I mean 7 one was broken). I get a lot of broken and messed up racks, oh well.

Pic's!

Joe68
500 Club
Facebook: Don't believe in facebook

Unread postby Joe68 » Sat Nov 19, 2016 1:31 am

Yea no kidding!! Where are the pictures?
oldrank

Unread postby oldrank » Sat Nov 19, 2016 1:57 am

Without pics its all rumors n speculation.. Im not even sure you shot a buck??? Hehe

[ Post made via Android ] Image
Uncle Lou

Unread postby Uncle Lou » Sat Nov 19, 2016 12:53 pm

I will put something up, it was a great trip. Up North deer camp is about so much more than another deer. I got some camp pics. We, well my friend dan has upgraded to a cabin which is under construction. I think by tomorrow morning I will get off my but and go fight with photo bucket.
Silence Your Gear with Stealth Strips®
http://www.stealthoutdoors.com
mauser06
500 Club

Unread postby mauser06 » Sat Nov 19, 2016 3:54 pm

4 days and I struck out. Couldn't find a buck let alone one to shoot...

Saw does every day.

Can't get over the difference between here and PA...4 days and I ran into 1 hunter. Day 1 I sat dark to dark...10 doe. Day 2 sat till 10 and saw 2 doe...still hunted 2hrs and nothing..day 3 I sat briefly and still hunted till like 1. Saw a doe and a tail..today still hunted..saw 5. 1 doe the rest tails.

Super windy..over 70 degrees by noon..minimal pressure...deer movement during the day wasn't great and I couldn't hunt evenings besides the first day....

I have many buck beds logged in the GPS for next time!

Very different than what I'm used to...but I loved it...I love being able to go from huge high ridges to lowland to nasty swamp to pine stands to meadows..it's unique...

My legs are shot...

Was gunna stay and hunt tomorrow but the weather is gunna be horrible..60+mph gusts and 25-30 sustained..no Thanx! I had 1 limb fall and hit my rifle barrel nearly taking it from my hands the other day...

Hawthorne
500 Club

Unread postby Hawthorne » Sat Nov 19, 2016 4:00 pm

mauser06 wrote:4 days and I struck out. Couldn't find a buck let alone one to shoot...

Saw does every day.

Can't get over the difference between here and PA...4 days and I ran into 1 hunter. Day 1 I sat dark to dark...10 doe. Day 2 sat till 10 and saw 2 doe...still hunted 2hrs and nothing..day 3 I sat briefly and still hunted till like 1. Saw a doe and a tail..today still hunted..saw 5. 1 doe the rest tails.

Super windy..over 70 degrees by noon..minimal pressure...deer movement during the day wasn't great and I couldn't hunt evenings besides the first day....

I have many buck beds logged in the GPS for next time!

Very different than what I'm used to...but I loved it...I love being able to go from huge high ridges to lowland to nasty swamp to pine stands to meadows..it's unique...

My legs are shot...

Was gunna stay and hunt tomorrow but the weather is gunna be horrible..60+mph gusts and 25-30 sustained..no Thanx! I had 1 limb fall and hit my rifle barrel nearly taking it from my hands the other day...

To bad you didnt get one Mauser. I enjoyed reading your journal about hunting northern mi public. I hunted up there when I was a teenager. Killed my first two deer up in montmorency county. Your writings brought back memories. Now I only hunt the southern part of Michigan. I bet you'll have success in the future

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Uncle Lou

Unread postby Uncle Lou » Sun Nov 20, 2016 12:22 am

Mauser, I too enjoyed reading your Michigan experience thanks for sharing. If you found a spot that you only saw 1 hunter in 4 days I would keep that knowledge for future reference.
Silence Your Gear with Stealth Strips®
http://www.stealthoutdoors.com
creepingdeth
500 Club
Facebook: Huh?

Unread postby creepingdeth » Sun Nov 20, 2016 12:23 pm

congrats Uncle Lou...agree w/the comerademy of a bunch of hunters...enjoy the venison :D
Yesterdays common sense is no longer common
mauser06
500 Club

Unread postby mauser06 » Sun Nov 20, 2016 1:31 pm

I will be back for revenge!!

Kicking myself for not hunting the high ground off the bat...that's what I know. I assumed it would be heavily pressured and talking to local guys and they confirmed. But a 1000+ft climb keeps sane guys from hunting the hill I did the last 2 days.

The low ground is awesome though...and there are probably bucks living in there that are true beasts.

Wish I could have stayed to hunt in the snow...I think a day of snow would been all I needed.

Supervisor actually texted me one day while I was hunting and asked if I had a vacation pick in mind for next year. Yep...the same one I'm on!

I need to load some pics and make a new post...

I found a rub in the lowlands that dwarfed my Remington 7600. And another area I have walking tracks just narrower than my boot...g3s said he has been chasing a monster 10 in that area...

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”