Mauser's Michigan adventure

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

mauser06
500 Club

Re: Mauser's Michigan adventure

Unread postby mauser06 » Fri Nov 18, 2016 2:26 pm

Could be the case for sure...I'm the same..much rather find a big one lol...but here in Michigan I've given up that idea for now...id drop at legal 3 point half rack and be prouder than heck at this point...like I said...if nothing else I have a GPS full of info...and, hopefully my Intel puts G3s on a buck...I cut tracks today I'm pretty sure are from a big buck he's been watching...I think I have an idea where he may be holed up...I just don't wanna go in there with a gun and chase him to someone else...and it's so nice out there are "innocent bystanders" out n about..and that area is popular with non-hunter outdoor people's..

Decided to start tomorrow where I found the buck bed this morning..gunna be a little tricky to get in with him winding me..he's bedding on the edge of a pine stand..no way to come in from the top. I'm gunna come up the far side of the pine stand and cut across until the wind doesn't allow me any closer...then wait. If he doesn't show I will start the creeping.

Lots and lots of nooks n crannys that direction that I haven't touched yet...

Frustrating weather...it was 72 when I got back to the truck...72 with 15-20mph winds and gusts regularly 30+. One tree limb nearly took me out..a small branch of it actually whacked my rifle barrel...

Like I said...if nothing else I'm learning the land and the deer...

I just can't believe I can't even find a small buck to look at...

Hopefully i can get a crack tomorrow...my last hunt here in Michigan...unless I get weathered in. Id love to stay but if I leave Saturday I can get 1 last bow hunt in at home Monday... And the high is 38 degrees!

[ Post made via Android ] Image

mauser06
500 Club

Unread postby mauser06 » Fri Nov 18, 2016 11:09 pm

61 degrees and breezy.....last hunt in Michigan.

oldrank

Unread postby oldrank » Fri Nov 18, 2016 11:11 pm

Good luck today.

mauser06
500 Club

Unread postby mauser06 » Sat Nov 19, 2016 12:21 am

Thanx! I need a little luck! Lol

I had a dream last night that I hammered a buck today..

I walked into a deer in the meadow...I stopped on the edge and gunna wait for if to get a bit lighter...

Heard a shot at 653...like 15mins before legal light and legal light is still too dark IMO..it was weird...sounded close but muffled...don't know what it was...

mauser06
500 Club

Unread postby mauser06 » Sat Nov 19, 2016 5:13 am

Moved atleast 5 so far..only one I could get a look at was a doe...super spooky today...as they tend to be when it's windy..

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”