Warm temps and mid-day movement

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

mheichelbech
500 Club
Facebook: mheichelbech@gmail.com

Warm temps and mid-day movement

Unread postby mheichelbech » Tue Nov 08, 2016 9:59 am

How much do you think warm temps have a negative impact on mid-day movement during pre-rut and rut and what do you think is the temperature break line that would curtail mid-day movement?

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

"One of the chief attractions of the life of the wilderness is its rugged and stalwart democracy; there every man stands for what he actually is and can show himself to be." — Theodore Roosevelt, 1893
Crazinamatese

Re: Want temps and mid-day movement

Unread postby Crazinamatese » Tue Nov 08, 2016 10:20 am

Im sure you will get a bazillion different answers and opinions but last week I seen some good movement midday everyday when temps were in the mid-60's here in WI. and I been hearing guys complain its been to warm to hunt. lol :roll: The rut happens once a year for a reason.
The cave you fear hides the treasure you seek!!!
mheichelbech
500 Club
Facebook: mheichelbech@gmail.com

Unread postby mheichelbech » Tue Nov 08, 2016 11:30 am

Crazinamatese wrote:Im sure you will get a bazillion different answers and opinions but last week I seen some good movement midday everyday when temps were in the mid-60's here in WI. and I been hearing guys complain its been to warm to hunt. lol :roll: The rut happens once a year for a reason.

I have not seen a big negative impact of 60 degree temps, especially if it is going from 80s to 60s. I know that deer get killed in all kinds of exceptions to the norm as well.

"One of the chief attractions of the life of the wilderness is its rugged and stalwart democracy; there every man stands for what he actually is and can show himself to be." — Theodore Roosevelt, 1893
Hawthorne
500 Club

Unread postby Hawthorne » Tue Nov 08, 2016 11:43 am

Crazinamatese wrote:Im sure you will get a bazillion different answers and opinions but last week I seen some good movement midday everyday when temps were in the mid-60's here in WI. and I been hearing guys complain its been to warm to hunt. lol :roll: The rut happens once a year for a reason.

Agree. I've seen good rutting in all temps

kurt

Unread postby kurt » Tue Nov 08, 2016 1:08 pm

[ Post made via Android ] Image
JMAR85

Unread postby JMAR85 » Tue Nov 08, 2016 2:13 pm

I'm far from an expert but last season, November 12 to be specific, I killed a buck at noon in terrible conditions. It was very warm and the wind was absolutely howling.

rff

Re: Warm temps and mid-day movement

Unread postby rff » Wed Nov 09, 2016 8:44 am

Yesterday was extremely warm here in Michigan. I happened to pull a camera today. Yesterday was filled with daylight movement, all day. Including my target buck at 8:21 a.m. I was hunting elsewhere. Dooh!

[ Post made via Android ] Image

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”