Buck re-bedding

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

tgreeno
500 Club

Buck re-bedding

Unread postby tgreeno » Tue Nov 08, 2016 2:19 am

Here's what I think happened. I came in and set-up on a buck bed on the edge of a marshy pocket in a small woodlot. I think he either saw or heard me and snuck out the opposite direction along the marsh edge. I think he re-bedded about 100 yards further away along the edge of the marsh. Because I ended up jumping him from this new bed.

Does this sound like a possibility? Will they re-bed close if they aren't really pushed?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It's better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid, than to open it an remove all doubt
Eddiegomes83
500 Club

Re: Buck re-bedding

Unread postby Eddiegomes83 » Tue Nov 08, 2016 4:03 am

I jumped one from the bed the other day and he never seen or smelled me and was surrounded by water. I heard him run about 20 yards and stop. I didnt move for about ten minutes and neither did he. I slipped away and never heard him again. I think he rebedded.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Am I the Only One" - Aaron Lewis

EGOutdoors youtube: https://youtube.com/channel/UClk54pzxS6MsnSTCOtTvKJg
Stanley
Honorary Moderator
Facebook: None

Re: Buck re-bedding

Unread postby Stanley » Tue Nov 08, 2016 4:29 am

One thing is for sure he re bedded somewhere. So would guess your analysis is correct.
You can fool some of the bucks, all of the time, and fool all of the bucks, some of the time, however you certainly can't fool all of the bucks, all of the time.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”