Stand site Recommendations

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

bowhunter1627

Stand site Recommendations

Unread postby bowhunter1627 » Mon Nov 07, 2016 2:37 pm

I've been lurking around on this form for awhile now soaking in as much as I can. I recently got access to a new piece of property. The only way to access it is by canoe. And it's basically cut off due to private land bordering it. The fields are all planted in beans that have not been cut yet.

I hunted it today on a north east wind in the northern stand location that is marked. Are these the spots I should be focusing on or is there something I may be missing. The deer came out into the fields but with the wind they winded me as they fed out into the field. Scrapes are all over the edge of the field. What would be the best access route? I'm thinking the pink dot on the southern end. I accessed it by the pink line this afternoon and it was not ideal in my opinion. Should I walk the edge of the field or walk through the middle? What winds would be the best? As I stated before I had a NE wind and it was perfect before they made it into the middle of the field. https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/320xq ... b5AAj8.jpg

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”