Swamp Bedding 4 related to FL hunting? Prime area

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

woods_water_hunter

Swamp Bedding 4 related to FL hunting? Prime area

Unread postby woods_water_hunter » Mon Nov 07, 2016 7:29 am

Hey guys,

I just recently purchased the swamp bedding video. I learned a lot of really good tricks when it comes to hunting in the swamps. The swamps I hunt are cypress and thicks hardwoods with sawgrass near. I believe the bucks are bedding inside little groups of palm frawns (plant that will only grow on dry land). When I watch the bedding video I noticed how much different the woods are compared to where I am. We don't have areas of our swamp that go from swamp gradually in to open hardwoods or dogwoods. Its literally sawgrass and water, to cypress and water, to hardwoods and mud. It all is surrounded by one of our bigger rivers in North Florida. And its all THICK there aren't really open woods to setup in. As you can see in picture. The red is what i think are beds. I also found a nice rub in there. The purple is the transition from cypress swamp to hardwoods swamp. The yellow just marks multiple deer trails that i could see winding in and out of the woods. The blues line is where I accessed the area by boats. I put a few trail cams out to see what I find but i just wanted to know what you guys think? How, Where, and Why should I hunt this?

By the way, human pressure is almost out of the question. NO ONE ever goes back in here.

copper/albums/userpics/69864/Screen_Shot_2016-11-06_at_12_32_02_PM.png

Thanks so much!

-saylor

A day in the woods is always a good day

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”