How soon will buck return to it's bed?

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Eddiegomes83
500 Club

How soon will buck return to it's bed?

Unread postby Eddiegomes83 » Sun Nov 06, 2016 3:35 pm

I was scouting today and found a great potential buck bed in the middle of a small sage pond where a strip trees. As I was investigating it I bumped the buck from his bed. How soon will he return? I hunt there a week from now.

[ Post made via Android ] Image

"Am I the Only One" - Aaron Lewis

EGOutdoors youtube: https://youtube.com/channel/UClk54pzxS6MsnSTCOtTvKJg
whitetail_addict

Re: How soon will buck return to it's bed?

Unread postby whitetail_addict » Sun Nov 06, 2016 5:07 pm

Where are you located... is the rut kicking off in your area/state? If so, there's no telling when or if he'll ever return to be honest. On the other hand, he may have returned or attempted to return that very same day or the next morning. It's hard to say. Depending on whether or not he would use that bed again if he returns would likely depend on how much scent you laid down while in there.
fishlips
500 Club

Unread postby fishlips » Sun Nov 06, 2016 11:58 pm

Is your scent in his bed? I would guess it is or it's close. You could still sit it and find out.

Eddiegomes83
500 Club

Unread postby Eddiegomes83 » Mon Nov 07, 2016 12:36 am

I got to within about 15-20 yards down a muddy trail. My wind was in my favor and i am pretty sure he did not see me. When he ran off,he stopped after a couple hops. I stopped and listen for about 10 min and never heard move again. I decided to ease back out and leave. I am pretty he doesn't know what i was, since he never seen me or smelled me. The main issue would be my scent may be on trail he enters a little ways. But not all the way to his bed. I am hunting a wma is a working cattle ranch and also has a good population of wild hogs. I am hoping that is what he thinks i could have been. I came across several other bedding areas where it appeared the cattle may have moved through and bumped the deer from their beds. I found hair and everything but never heard them run off. There were cattle tracks all around the beds though. You on know how cows like walking through sage ponds.

"Am I the Only One" - Aaron Lewis

EGOutdoors youtube: https://youtube.com/channel/UClk54pzxS6MsnSTCOtTvKJg

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”