Testimonial to marsh and swamp bedding dvd/ also advice need

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Eddiegomes83
500 Club

Testimonial to marsh and swamp bedding dvd/ also advice need

Unread postby Eddiegomes83 » Sun Nov 06, 2016 12:23 pm

Well i just want to say that I got marsh bedding and swamp bedding thursday and i watched them yesterday. At first I did not think these were going to apply where i hunt which is florida. I got drawn for a hunt in half moon next weekend and i decided to give the techniques on the dvds a whirl. I must say,the techniques worked great even in florida. I found beds that i never would have thought were needs before. I found hair and everything. Then i came upon this spot that was perfect for a bedding area. I made my way to this clump of trees in the middle of a marsh pond. I already new which tree probably had the bed thanks to the dvd. As i approach the tree i noticed a single set of large tracks going towards the tree. I should have turned back knowing he was there but being new to this i had to check. I got about 15-20yds with the wind in my face and i heard him get up and bust out and into some water but stop. I waited about 10 minutes and then backed out. I never hear him run far. Now i am not sure if i messed it up for next week's hunt. Will he be back there next weekend. I am pretty sure he never saw me and know he didn't smell me. I think he just heard me being close. Please give me some advice. I would really like to hear from dan himself but i am sure that is not likely. I woukf also like to thank him. Without his dvd, i would not have had such a successful scouting trip. I mean i found multiple beds my first try. Thanks and Dan or anybody with knowledge of me pushing that deer from his bed a week before the hunt,your input would be greatly appreciated.

[ Post made via Android ] Image

"Am I the Only One" - Aaron Lewis

EGOutdoors youtube: https://youtube.com/channel/UClk54pzxS6MsnSTCOtTvKJg
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Re: Testimonial to marsh and swamp bedding dvd/ also advice

Unread postby dan » Mon Nov 07, 2016 3:44 am

Hi Eddie! thanks for the great feedback about the DVD's... As far as your buck goes, you said he never saw or smelled you... And you were right at the time. But, I would be pretty certain he smelled your ground scent where you walked that night, or the next time he came thru... He should of been hunted right there and then when he was still unsure... With that said, not all is lost, he may have returned anyway. Some do, some don't. Probably worth another try.
Eddiegomes83
500 Club

Unread postby Eddiegomes83 » Mon Nov 07, 2016 12:13 pm

Thanks for the advice. I was actually scouting for a hunt i got drawn for a week a way. I would have definitely set up right then and there if i was allowed to hunt it already. I went out today to do some more scouting. I stayed away from the bedding area. I did find upwind from that bedding a huge scrape line. I figured like in the video that is why he is there. He can stay bedded while checking for hot does. I have another question now. I will post it separately but i will ask you anyways. I found a huge 10 pt bedded in a pond next to the road in the wma. I watched him get up take a few steps and then lay back down. I could see all of this from the main rd going right through the middle of the wma. In your opinion, is he worth hunting opening morning or evening? Will the trafficc that goes down the rd push him out? Right now the rd has only been open to bikes and hikers. They will open the flood gates the day before. What is your take on this. FYI, he is at least 100 inches which is big for florida. Thanks

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Am I the Only One" - Aaron Lewis

EGOutdoors youtube: https://youtube.com/channel/UClk54pzxS6MsnSTCOtTvKJg
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:00 pm

Increased traffic might move him, and might not... Deer can become accustomed to human traffic real close, as long as it don't invade there little safe zone.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”