My November 3rd find

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

ihookem
500 Club

Re: My November 3rd find

Unread postby ihookem » Fri Nov 25, 2016 5:10 am

Where did you find the buck? A lot can happen to a buck that age. I am sure that bucks die fighting. I shot a buck once and he had hair 6" into his ham roast. . If a big buck gave him a good jab into his lungs he will most likely die and that doesn't take much. Could shave rutted himself to death too if there isn't enough does. I think a lot of them die from road kill too. They just go off and die.

Outdoor814
500 Club

Unread postby Outdoor814 » Fri Nov 25, 2016 5:26 am

JoeRE wrote:Nice find man

Did you clean up the skull already? Otherwise if you didn't that buck had to have been dead for a while as clean as it is. I would lean toward last year even....I don't think I have seen a bare skull less than a year old. Usually there is still hide stuck on it and takes a full summer to rot off.

I have to agree with you Joe. No way that's from this year. I got lazy with my buck last year and it still has a jerky mask. Although my eight point this year I just removed the hide and eyes. Still have to boil him.

Those antlers look a little sun bleached. I'd say he's been sitting for no less than one season. Awesome find! I can appreciate a good dead head just as much as a harvested one. Gives them a sense of justice and appreciation.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
Joe™
creepingdeth
500 Club
Facebook: Huh?

Unread postby creepingdeth » Fri Nov 25, 2016 8:09 am

:shock: :shock: :o :o
Yesterdays common sense is no longer common

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”