Beast Kills this Year

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

SamPotter
500 Club

Re: Beast Kills this Year

Unread postby SamPotter » Thu Nov 03, 2016 6:55 am

moog5050 wrote:
SamPotter wrote:
moog5050 wrote:Interesting. In this area (NY), we had the driest year I can remember. Even the marsh I hunt was completely dry, which has never happened.

Moog- when my wife and I moved to IA at the end of June, all the road sides and medians were dead brown and yellow until we got to Indiana. Then things got greener in a hurry. That time of year is a critical growing period for bucks. Once we got here it seemed like the rain never stopped.

P.s. Congratulations on your buck. Knowing you have a shorter hunting history than most of us, and the fact that you took it a step further than most of us dare to by using a recurve, makes your accomplishment even more impressive. Well done.

[ Post made via Android ] Image

Thanks Sam. Was hoping but never expected this buck really. The fact that we had such history with him meant a lot. Your IA buck was a true monster. Of course, you were the rarity knocking down monsters in NY so its no surprise. Once again, well done!

Thanks Moog- I got lucky in a couple of ways on that one. Was your buck the one Phade has the sheds from 2 or 3 years ago?

moog5050
500 Club

Unread postby moog5050 » Thu Nov 03, 2016 6:59 am

SamPotter wrote:
moog5050 wrote:
SamPotter wrote:
moog5050 wrote:Interesting. In this area (NY), we had the driest year I can remember. Even the marsh I hunt was completely dry, which has never happened.

Moog- when my wife and I moved to IA at the end of June, all the road sides and medians were dead brown and yellow until we got to Indiana. Then things got greener in a hurry. That time of year is a critical growing period for bucks. Once we got here it seemed like the rain never stopped.

P.s. Congratulations on your buck. Knowing you have a shorter hunting history than most of us, and the fact that you took it a step further than most of us dare to by using a recurve, makes your accomplishment even more impressive. Well done.

Thanks Sam. Was hoping but never expected this buck really. The fact that we had such history with him meant a lot. Your IA buck was a true monster. Of course, you were the rarity knocking down monsters in NY so its no surprise. Once again, well done!

Thanks Moog- I got lucky in a couple of ways on that one. Was your buck the one Phade has the sheds from 2 or 3 years ago?

Luck is usually preparation meeting opportunity. From what I have seen Sam, you do plenty of the former. Call it what you will but you killed big bucks where most can't.

No sheds, but we have video and cam photos dating back to 2013 when he was a likely 4 year old at least. Old buck for around here. We do have a cam shot of my buck and the one Phade killed nose to nose this year. Pretty cool.
JoeRE
500 Club

Unread postby JoeRE » Thu Nov 03, 2016 7:32 am

Moog and Sam - wow I somehow missed you both knocked down great bucks. Didn't realize it till I read this then checked back through the buck lineup thread. Congrats to you both.

Sam still been meaning to give you a call, see if we can get together sometime but life keeps happening :lol:
moog5050
500 Club

Unread postby moog5050 » Thu Nov 03, 2016 8:31 am

Thanks Joe. Go get em!

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”