Same Buck or Different Buck? And another question

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Shady Grove
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/noahstokesart

Same Buck or Different Buck? And another question

Unread postby Shady Grove » Mon Oct 31, 2016 2:56 am

I just checked trail camera that I had positioned over a scrape and got the following pictures from October 10th. I am pretty sure the pictures show two different bucks - what do you think? First 5 pictures are of one buck approaching scrape from the east - working the scrape from time stamp 3:16:02am to 3:18:19am. Then 11 minutes later another buck (I think) walks by camera in the same direction - east to west. The first buck has a little more mass and is thicker in neck and body. Buck number two has longer tines and thinner - younger looking body. Am I seeing that right or is it just camera angle? Times are so close I question myself. Both deer are good bucks for my area. I have pictures of the same deer from the same time from one year earlier - doing the same thing. Working scrapes at night. This years pics are 1/2 mile west of last years pics. This years pics are from 3am - last year the pics are from right after dark 7:30 pm. My question (s) - first of all, does this intel mean anything being one year apart? Can I assume these deer are doing similar things this year that they did last year? At 3am are they headed to food source or to bedding? Or is the nightly trek all about laying scent and checking the girls? Any thoughts? How would you set up in hopes of seeing either of these deer in daylight hours? What other info would you try and put together to help you hunt these deer. I would rather get a shot at the more mature Buck 1 - I would like to think I would let the young one walk - for my neck of the woods he could be special.

Buck 1

Buck 2

2015 - Buck 1

2015 - Buck 2

daveynewman
500 Club

Re: Same Buck or Different Buck? And another question

Unread postby daveynewman » Mon Oct 31, 2016 3:59 am

from my eyes it's 2 different bucks

[ Post made via Android ] Image
nor' easter

Re: Same Buck or Different Buck? And another question

Unread postby nor' easter » Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:11 pm

The last picture shows the right antler hooking up sharply at the tip. The deer in the first few pics is strait at the tip and looks slightly bigger bodied and a bit taller rack. Both nice deer and close to twins. Good luck telling them apart at full draw! I would assume they are headed toward bedding or to their last quick stop before bedding.

[ Post made via Android ] Image

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”