Getting to your spot....

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

olivertractor
Facebook: what's facebook

Re: Getting to your spot....

Unread postby olivertractor » Mon Oct 31, 2016 11:45 pm

Dewey wrote:
Jackson Marsh wrote:
olivertractor wrote:
JoeRE wrote:
olivertractor wrote:
JoeRE wrote:I hunt in hills mostly, after I have been through them a couple times I am able to navigate by terrain in the dark. My spot is marked with 1 reflective thumbtack. If its a new area yea mornings are tough. Sometimes I just try to get close, then see where I am in grey light.

Sweating happens. Wear good wicking base layers and you don't need to worry about getting cold, deer are gonna smell you regardless downwind. I carry my outer layers with me and put them on just before I get to my spot, keeps sweating to a minimum but yea still sometimes break a sweat. Also pace yourself, when the going gets tough slow down, when its easy speed up.

NOTED! :lol:

Good luck finding it, some of the areas around here have so many tacks it looks like Christmas at night :lol:

:lol: :lol:

I've tacked half the trees in Iowa and only hunt it once every 4 years.

[ Post made via Android ] Image

Haven't found any tacks yet. I must be in the wrong spots. :think:

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

Thought maybe Joe was close but looked up and seen Christmas, so kept moving deeper...

[ Post made via Android ] Image

"Sad state of affairs when I'm voting for who's gonna hurt us less, than who's gonna help us more"

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”