Morning thermals

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Hunter74

Morning thermals

Unread postby Hunter74 » Sat Oct 29, 2016 3:42 am

I've noticed on a pretty consistent basis this year while hunting morning's that there's a thermal push from east to west as long as it's calm out. I imagine that as the sun is coming up it's pushing the thermals west. Has anybody els noticed this or any other predictable thermal activity in the early morning?

[ Post made via Android ] Image

headgear
500 Club

Re: Morning thermals

Unread postby headgear » Sat Oct 29, 2016 5:37 am

I haven't noticed it but I will try and look for it, I do see a drop in the very early morning as the sun is warming the air above you and pushing the colder stuff down. There can be some scent pooling but I don't worry about it as much as I do in the evenings because before too long everything is warming up or you have a steady wind to work with.
Stanley
Honorary Moderator
Facebook: None

Unread postby Stanley » Sat Oct 29, 2016 5:42 am

What kind of terrain?
You can fool some of the bucks, all of the time, and fool all of the bucks, some of the time, however you certainly can't fool all of the bucks, all of the time.
Hunter74

Unread postby Hunter74 » Sat Oct 29, 2016 6:25 am

Stanley wrote:What kind of terrain?

Swamp and river bottom, very little elevation. If there is some elevation I notice mostly thermals going down hill

[ Post made via Android ] Image

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”