Swamp or Marsh? NW Florida Rivers

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

woods_water_hunter

Swamp or Marsh? NW Florida Rivers

Unread postby woods_water_hunter » Thu Oct 27, 2016 12:36 pm

What classifies a swamp as a swamp and a marsh as a marsh. I want to get one of the new DVD's but I don't know which would better fit my area for hunting. I'm in northwest florida. So we have lots of pines, hard oaks, cypress, and palms, thats really it. I don't know which video would be better for me. I hunt on a public river that runs for miles. The surroundings of the area are very wet, muddy, THICK, and dense. It seems all the deer i see on this forums are killed in big saw grass. marshes and others things. Can someone help me out. Ill PM images if you want!

Thank you fellas,

saylor

A day in the woods is always a good day
Singing Bridge
500 Club
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/pro ... 1329617473

Re: Swamp or Marsh? NW Florida Rivers

Unread postby Singing Bridge » Thu Oct 27, 2016 12:54 pm

To each their own, but to me swamps are defined by lots of water and deep nastiness with trees... whether cedar or cyprus, tamarac or spruce...

To me, marsh areas have lots of water and deep nastiness with cattails or swamp grass, etc.

Swamp bedding and marsh bedding have similarities, the swamp dvd may fit you better but both are worthwhile and would apply to your area.

Here's a picture of a buck bed in one of my cedar swamps... it is on a tiny micro-island and surrounded but water, sinkholes and cedars, spruce and tagalder, on and on. It is nasty, and you will bleed if you hunt it. Look at the bed, the only place the buck can lie down is the bed itself. The rest of island is covered with incredibly thick cedar remnants, etc:

woods_water_hunter

Unread postby woods_water_hunter » Thu Oct 27, 2016 12:58 pm

Wow thats pretty cool. I guess I'm going to by the swamp series then. This may seem unrelated but how did you get the picture to post on the thread like you did?
Singing Bridge
500 Club

Unread postby Singing Bridge » Thu Oct 27, 2016 1:18 pm

woods_water_hunter wrote:Wow thats pretty cool. I guess I'm going to by the swamp series then. This may seem unrelated but how did you get the picture to post on the thread like you did?

Go to the board index or "home". Click on announcements followed by how to post pictures.

If you have a photobucket account outside of the beast you can click on the "img" tab below your photo then paste it into your post.
woods_water_hunter

Unread postby woods_water_hunter » Thu Oct 27, 2016 1:33 pm

Singing Bridge wrote:
woods_water_hunter wrote:Wow thats pretty cool. I guess I'm going to by the swamp series then. This may seem unrelated but how did you get the picture to post on the thread like you did?

Go to the board index or "home". Click on announcements followed by how to post pictures.

If you have a photobucket account outside of the beast you can click on the "img" tab below your photo then paste it into your post.

thank you for all the help!
Singing Bridge
500 Club

Unread postby Singing Bridge » Thu Oct 27, 2016 2:48 pm

No problem at all. You will fit in well here- many of us are exceptionally busy with work and hunting, we may be a bit slow until seasons end- but fire away any time.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”