Tomorrow Morning - WI

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

tgreeno
500 Club

Tomorrow Morning - WI

Unread postby tgreeno » Thu Oct 27, 2016 3:58 am

Guys,
I'm guessing when this front passes thru tonight and/or tomorrow morning should be really good for deer movement? I'm thinking about hitting up a bedding area tonight if it's not still raining. Otherwise tomorrow morning. Who else thinks it sounds like a good idea?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It's better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid, than to open it an remove all doubt
JoeRE
500 Club

Re: Tomorrow Morning - WI

Unread postby JoeRE » Thu Oct 27, 2016 5:11 am

Excellent idea.

Anybody who can beg, borrow, or steal time to get out hunting over the next 36 hours or so should do so in the WI/IA/MN/IL area. Should be pre-rut movement at its best. ;)
wrusch

Unread postby wrusch » Thu Oct 27, 2016 5:14 am

Once this rain clears out, deer will be on their feet. The easterly wind in the morning for me will be a little tricky though.
Peter

Unread postby Peter » Thu Oct 27, 2016 5:19 am

Tomorrow will be my first time out this year. Looking forward to it!
tgreeno
500 Club

Unread postby tgreeno » Thu Oct 27, 2016 5:44 am

I will be hitting it HARD now thru next week!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It's better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid, than to open it an remove all doubt
matt1336
500 Club

Unread postby matt1336 » Thu Oct 27, 2016 6:21 am

This will be the first am hunt of the year for me.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Stanley
Honorary Moderator
Facebook: None

Unread postby Stanley » Thu Oct 27, 2016 7:07 am

Pumpkin day is fast approaching. A good cold snap could be really good.
You can fool some of the bucks, all of the time, and fool all of the bucks, some of the time, however you certainly can't fool all of the bucks, all of the time.
Voz

Unread postby Voz » Thu Oct 27, 2016 7:22 am

Do you guys ever hunt a wind that isn't ideal in these types of conditions? I believe there is a NNE wind forecasted tomorrow. The setup would be hunting a travel corridor that has bucks traveling east-west and west-east. The stand is on the north side of the corridor. Had a good buck on camera half hour before dark a few days ago. I feel I encounter these situations a lot and not sure when to risk it and when the risk isn't worth the damage. With this front, I feel the risk-reward is in my favor. Thoughts?

[ Post made via iPad ] Image
tgreeno
500 Club

Unread postby tgreeno » Thu Oct 27, 2016 1:46 pm

Voz wrote:Do you guys ever hunt a wind that isn't ideal in these types of conditions? I believe there is a NNE wind forecasted tomorrow. The setup would be hunting a travel corridor that has bucks traveling east-west and west-east. The stand is on the north side of the corridor. Had a good buck on camera half hour before dark a few days ago. I feel I encounter these situations a lot and not sure when to risk it and when the risk isn't worth the damage. With this front, I feel the risk-reward is in my favor. Thoughts?

[ Post made via iPad ] Image

Yes, I hunt winds that aren't always ideal. Sometimes the deer just doesn't read the script. I've had deer come from the complete opposite direction they should of before. With your situation you have til the buck gets straight downwind to kill him.
MentatArcher

Unread postby MentatArcher » Thu Oct 27, 2016 1:52 pm

Good luck. I'm in northern LP MI. Supposed to be through by 12-1pm tomorrow. Post back if you have a good a.m. hunt. Then again you prob won't be back but the time I've left.. but anywho.
Peter

Unread postby Peter » Fri Oct 28, 2016 10:26 am

My work day hijacked my hunting plans today. Hope to get out tomorrow.

For those of you who did get out yesterday and today, what did you see?
Voz

Unread postby Voz » Fri Oct 28, 2016 10:40 am

Didn't see anything this morning. Sat till 10:30. A buddy of mine had a shooter come in around 6 last night. No shot.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
wihunter

Unread postby wihunter » Fri Oct 28, 2016 1:28 pm

Off most of the day tomorrow but no school for my daughter. She is 8 so being quiet and sitting still is not an option so we plan on taking a walk and maybe sit a fence line for a bit. You just feel like you need to be out there this time of the year. Good luck guys.
tgreeno
500 Club

Unread postby tgreeno » Fri Oct 28, 2016 2:01 pm

I hunted and saw nothing...been a really tough year so far!

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”