Ozonics

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Chuck B
500 Club

Ozonics

Unread postby Chuck B » Wed Oct 26, 2016 11:40 am

Hi guys. Long time reader, first time poster. I ordered the DVD's, can't wait for them to show up (I think the arrive tomorrow). I have a lot of questions to ask. However, one I have been thinking about recently is whether any of you have had any success with ozonics? My brother in law swears by them, but I haven't read anything from you guys on the subject.

Love your guys' posts and insight. I have learned a lot in my short time on this website. I am a Beast in the making hopefully. I have some swampland and river bottoms I will be hunting this weekend and this weekend can't come soon enough!

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

If you aren't green and growing, you are ripe and rotting
venisonassassin
500 Club

Re: Ozonics

Unread postby venisonassassin » Wed Oct 26, 2016 11:50 am

Chuck, I think someone may have posted something about ozonics awhile back. I personally haven't used one or don't use any scent control besides a good shower. I'm sure others will chime in with more useful information. But welcome to the Beast!
Last edited by venisonassassin on Wed Oct 26, 2016 11:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
tgreeno
500 Club

Unread postby tgreeno » Wed Oct 26, 2016 11:55 am

Ozonics...Never heard of it? ;)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It's better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid, than to open it an remove all doubt
huntalivesh23

Unread postby huntalivesh23 » Wed Oct 26, 2016 11:57 am

I use one and just like any other scent control product, I believe, is it is not fool proof. But, I have noticed, since I've been running ozonics, that I hardly ever get busted by deer that get down wind of me. IMO it is worth the money for that reason. The biggest thing with using one is to continue to monitor the wind direction and make sure the unit is pointing in the direction of the wind

Crazinamatese

Unread postby Crazinamatese » Wed Oct 26, 2016 12:01 pm

I haven't used and never will but I know two people who do own one and claim they are nice inside a ground blind, but in a tree in the wide open, not so much. I guess they are nice to use to de-scent cars and trucks, and hunting clothes hanging in the closet.
The cave you fear hides the treasure you seek!!!
Ghost Hunter

Unread postby Ghost Hunter » Wed Oct 26, 2016 12:17 pm

I know some car lots that use them to get odors out of used cars. I'm sure they work in enclosed spaces. Other than that??
I'm reason they call it hunting and not shooting.
WSalzNC

Unread postby WSalzNC » Wed Oct 26, 2016 12:30 pm

Like many cool products out there, this is a "Nice to have" for me, not a "need to have." The risk of getting busted is always there, but I like the challenge of playing the wind. I'm willing to go the extra mile on showering, scent-free toiletries, keeping my stuff washed and separated from all my other clothes...but pay $300? and then have to hang ANOTHER item in the tree with me? Nah... I'll just keep spraying the vanilla junk on my boots. Not knocking anyone who uses ozone, but one has to draw the line somewhere!
john1984

Unread postby john1984 » Wed Oct 26, 2016 12:36 pm

nor' easter

Unread postby nor' easter » Wed Oct 26, 2016 12:46 pm

I have never used it but the commercials and sponsored hunting shows do make it look very convincing. Im trying to cut down on weight and size of my hunting pack so I figure ozonics is another few pounds to lug and another product to chew up batteries. I took the money I'd spend on ozonics and bought dans dvds, a tree saddle, and climbing sticks. Now I'm entirely mobile. I can set up on the fly for any spot on any wind (within reason of course). Does ozonics work? Im sure it helps, but there's a lot of guys out there killing huge mature bucks every year without anything more than a bow and a treestand. Im focusing on learning how thermals work and how structure effects wind currents and luckily milkweed is literally free...

[ Post made via Android ] Image
hunter10
500 Club

Unread postby hunter10 » Wed Oct 26, 2016 12:49 pm

I would never buy it just simply for the price and I don't need anything more to add to already heavy luggage I carry into my tree

Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Wed Oct 26, 2016 12:56 pm

It they were proven to work 100% I still wouldn't buy one. I like the deer to have an advantage. Completely take away their #1 sense and the challenge is gone.

Chuck B
500 Club

Unread postby Chuck B » Wed Oct 26, 2016 12:59 pm

Thanks guys. Appreciate your thoughts. I had a feeling that those would be the responses I would hear. I would rather not use the device unless enough of you guys really swore by it. I am just not a fan of the extra "stuff".

As for the milkweed and thermals, etc. I have a lot to learn about that after reading your posts. I have to try to track down some milkweed here in western/northwestern WI.

Chuck B
500 Club

Unread postby Chuck B » Wed Oct 26, 2016 1:05 pm

Dewey wrote:It they were proven to work 100% I still wouldn't buy one. I like the deer to have an advantage. Completely take away their #1 sense and the challenge is gone.

I hear ya Dewey. I guess that is why I do all of my hunting near our cabin in northwest WI instead of by where I live even tho the deer are far less in numbers in northern WI. But, I LOVE the challenge of having to work really hard for a crack at a big boy.

But, with my brother in law telling me again and again about the ozonics, I wanted to hear it from you guys that I wasn't missing out on something huge.

Chuck B
500 Club

Unread postby Chuck B » Wed Oct 26, 2016 1:39 pm

john1984 wrote:http://www.thehuntingbeast.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=31343&p=423515&hilit=ozonics#p423515

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=26437&p=343326&hilit=ozonics#p343326[ Post made via Android ] Image

Thanks John1984

iowa whitetail
500 Club

Unread postby iowa whitetail » Wed Oct 26, 2016 1:46 pm

I've got off work and went straight to a tree, and had deer down wind never bat an eye. It happens and it's easy to get rapped up in this stuff. Mature bucks will not snort or blow when they bust you,so you can be busted an never know it. In the end your a few hundred in the hole, busted, and they have your money. Save your cash hunt the wind pay for your mount.

[ Post made via Android ] Image

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”