Got Intel...Need Some Advice.

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

BA-IV

Got Intel...Need Some Advice.

Unread postby BA-IV » Tue Oct 25, 2016 7:23 am

So a good buck has been seen coming out of this area more then once by a few guys who work around there. The red portion is bow only which deters a lot of them guys so they hunt the adjoining lots hoping to catch him coming off. Now CGBigbear helped me for a plan to hunt this little area, but I'm curious to see how many others view the maps and their plan of actions the same. I don't live in true hill country so I throw stands at these areas more for practicing and learning firsthand what I've read and saw on this site and Dan's DVDs. It's a tough world out there when it comes to tagging pressured bucks on public land., and it lets me know just how lucky I was to kill a decent buck or two in the past couple years. It's definitely eye opening, and the attitude and mental confidence ain't easy that's for sure to keep high when you feel like you aren't seeing nothing and doing everything wrong.

Like I said, I'm throwing two maybe three stands at this block and see what I can manage. I'd like to know where you would hunt, what wind and why.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

BA-IV

Re: Got Intel...Need Some Advice.

Unread postby BA-IV » Tue Oct 25, 2016 12:24 pm

I'd sure like to see some map masters take a look at this.

whitetail_addict

Unread postby whitetail_addict » Tue Oct 25, 2016 2:29 pm

More details on the map would be helpful? How big is the area, where's he been seen, etc.

BA-IV

Unread postby BA-IV » Tue Oct 25, 2016 2:34 pm

It's a small piece of land, probably 60-70 acre block. There really is no details except the buck has been see by a few different guys early morning and after dark coming and going. I'm going in blind and using my best guesses at where he might be bedded. He seems to be headed east across the road late evening and back to that red blocked area for his bedding.

dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:54 pm

I would work the 350 elevation line west of the river with a westerly wind .

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”