Getting nervous before hunting

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Stanley
Honorary Moderator
Facebook: None

Re: Getting nervous before hunting

Unread postby Stanley » Wed Oct 26, 2016 3:42 am

Once the season starts to put some days behind it I start to get into a groove. My SUV is my locker I keep everything in it I need to go hunting. I never know where I'll go from one day to the next. "Wherever I go that's where I'll be". If I have a buck patterned I may have a good idea unless the wind is wrong. The only thing I don't have in there is my boots. They are sitting outside in the weather ready to go. I keep a pair at each place I hunt.

If you find a pair of black knee high Tingley boots hid in the grass leave them alone they are mine. ;)

As the season wears on I get more and more relaxed. I do get anxious to be out hunting if and when I take a day off. That is how I like to manage my hunting. "If its' not fun, I'm done".

You can fool some of the bucks, all of the time, and fool all of the bucks, some of the time, however you certainly can't fool all of the bucks, all of the time.
Whitetailaddict
500 Club

Unread postby Whitetailaddict » Wed Oct 26, 2016 4:11 am

I get this sometimes on my drive to the spot I plan to hunt. I'm worried I'm late or will have to change plans if someone else is already hunting that area I guess. I think of it as getting amped up for a big game but once the game starts and you settle in the nerves go out the window and you're just there taking it all in.
jwilkstn
500 Club
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jason.wilkerson.71

Unread postby jwilkstn » Wed Oct 26, 2016 4:18 am

Stanley wrote:The only thing I don't have in there is my boots. They are sitting outside in the weather ready to go. I keep a pair at each place I hunt.

If you find a pair of black knee high Tingley boots hid in the grass leave them alone they are mine. ;)

Well that's a different approach.
I leave mine outside on the carport when I can.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
Not all those who wander are lost...
NorthStar
500 Club

Unread postby NorthStar » Thu Oct 27, 2016 9:25 am

My pre-hunt anxiety has got me to the point where my morning hunts are getting interrupted by bowel movements. This probably sounds ridiculous but I dont get a lot of time to hunt and mornings seem to be the most family friendly times to get out. Does anyone have a suggestion for this issue?
“The lazy do not roast any game, but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt.”
‭‭Proverbs‬ ‭12:27‬ ‭NIV‬‬

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”