New buck on cam

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Mschmeiske
500 Club
Facebook: Www.facebook.com/mschmeiske

New buck on cam

Unread postby Mschmeiske » Sun Oct 23, 2016 1:22 pm

I got a new buck that looks to be coming off of the private land I hunt and entering a field. It was 6:40 am and wunderland says it was a SSW wind which would have been blowing in his face. I hunted about 50 yards inside the woods tonight since I was already there and didn't see anything. I considered hunting in the morning but I was wondering if I should wait until the wind is SSW again? I moved that cam last Saturday and he came out Sunday morning which surprised me. I also asked myself if he was bedding on this private land and going for food elsewhere or if he came to this private land for food and was headed back to his bed on a neighboring property? Looks like a shooter 9 or 10 point and would be a great first buck and first bow kill for myself :) being close to rut I wonder if I may never see him again too... Just curious about others thoughts and experiences.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

HoosierG5
500 Club

Re: New buck on cam

Unread postby HoosierG5 » Sun Oct 23, 2016 2:51 pm

Where he beds is primarily based on winds. If the winds dictate its a good call do it. Remember your thermals rise in the AM so hunt above the trail you expect him on.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”