Hard to find the drive to get out...

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

wickedbruiser
500 Club

Re: Hard to find the drive to get out...

Unread postby wickedbruiser » Sat Oct 22, 2016 1:18 am

DeerDylan wrote:I've wondered what my drive to hunt will be like when my father passes. Easier said than done but I will hunt in his honor because that's a passion him and I share.

I hope you find your way into the woods and it eases your mind. Positive thoughts.

[ Post made via Android ] Image

I agree. Sorry for your loss

Jdaukontas

Unread postby Jdaukontas » Sat Oct 22, 2016 2:48 am

Sam,

Sorry for your loss! We all have the right to respond differently to loss. I am not sure what the answer is for you, but I would ask the question, "what would your grandfather want you to do"? I am not sure about your spirituality, but when I lost my grandfather it was hard because I was away at college and we were very close. When I came home I didn't want to go to the cemetery because I thought it would be too hard. When I finally gathered the courage to go, it was one of the most amazing decisions I have ever made. For some reason when I got there the sun shined a little differently and the breeze blew a little different and the smell in the air was a little different. For whatever reason, I felt like he was there and still with me.

I think if you go hunting it would be one of the most beautiful days you have had in a long time, and regardless of the outcome of the hunt you will be happy you went. And who knows, just maybe you will see something, or smell something, or feel something that lets you know he will always be with you. Again, it is hard and up to you to ultimately decide, but I would try.
sam

Unread postby sam » Sat Oct 22, 2016 3:00 am

Thank you everyone. I think the support here is top notch. It's great to know that there are so many people here that good people who just seem to know the right words and what to say. My son has no school today so I think we are gonna hit the woods this afternoon and see how things go. I know that's what grandpa would want me to do. He always loves hearing our hunting stories especially when the stories are coming from the little ones. Always brought a smile to his face.

Kraftd
500 Club

Unread postby Kraftd » Sat Oct 22, 2016 3:15 am

Great plan! good luck!
cedarsavage
500 Club
Facebook: No facebook

Unread postby cedarsavage » Sat Oct 22, 2016 4:22 am

sam wrote:Thank you everyone. I think the support here is top notch. It's great to know that there are so many people here that good people who just seem to know the right words and what to say. My son has no school today so I think we are gonna hit the woods this afternoon and see how things go. I know that's what grandpa would want me to do. He always loves hearing our hunting stories especially when the stories are coming from the little ones. Always brought a smile to his face.

Sounds like a good plan sorry about your loss

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
bigwoodshuntn

Unread postby bigwoodshuntn » Sat Oct 22, 2016 7:02 am

Sorry to hear! I just lost my grandpa about 2 months ago so I know how you feel. I never spent a minute with him hunting but the smile and excitement that old man had when I would talk about hunting or any of my success while hunting is something I will always miss. But knowing it's what he would want helps get back out there.

tmarbut

Unread postby tmarbut » Sat Oct 22, 2016 7:16 am

I think it is good you are taking your son & getting out. It will make your memories with your grandad special, and your son will learn a lot from you as he sees how you deal with the passing of someone that means so much to you.

Sorry for your loss, but really glad you are not sitting and feeling sorry for yourself. Make the most of what you are given today!

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”