Somewhat bothersome

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Country
500 Club

Somewhat bothersome

Unread postby Country » Fri Oct 21, 2016 6:10 am

It is bothersome and really somewhat sad that many hunters feel that if they don't shoot a "giant" they need to clarify their decision to kill that buck with "It may not be the biggest buck in the woods, but..." Be proud of your deer no matter what size the headgear it has. I blame the mainstream hunting TV shows for this and I think it's a shame someone has to feel as though if their deer doesn't have a huge rack, they have to explain themselves to other hunters. If YOU had a fun, exciting hunt, that's all that matters.

Country out.

[ Post made via Android ] Image

moog5050
500 Club

Re: Somewhat bothersome

Unread postby moog5050 » Fri Oct 21, 2016 6:23 am

Agreed!
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Fri Oct 21, 2016 6:26 am

Any deer taken with a bow is a trophy in my eyes.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
bigwoodshuntn

Unread postby bigwoodshuntn » Fri Oct 21, 2016 6:31 am

If It's legal and your happy no reason we shouldn't all be happy.

Lastcast#1

Unread postby Lastcast#1 » Fri Oct 21, 2016 6:35 am

Great post..I killed my first deer this year. A buck..Ran into a dude in the parking lot..He says congrats great job! Then of course follows up with I dont shoot " little bucks" anymore..Just couldnt help himself..

All deer are trophies...He didnt crash my party by any means..But it certainly is a mind set of negativity..Too bad he isnt aware of how I have everyone of his stands located,and his buddies. I know when he hunts and how..Also too bad hes been patterned by a second year bowhunter and it just kills them not knowing where I hunt..He asked me where I shot it and I replied with " I am a ghost in this woods".. And left it at that...

I dont have time for folks like that. I have also used the "truth to deceive" these idiots in the past..

Good reminder Country..

Chad

Stanley
Honorary Moderator
Facebook: None

Unread postby Stanley » Fri Oct 21, 2016 6:56 am

If you are happy with what you kill, you don't need anyone else to judge you.
You can fool some of the bucks, all of the time, and fool all of the bucks, some of the time, however you certainly can't fool all of the bucks, all of the time.
seazofcheeze
500 Club

Unread postby seazofcheeze » Fri Oct 21, 2016 7:02 am

Agree 100%. I'm chasing my goals this season, but it doesn't mean I'm judging anyone elses deer by my goals. A few years ago, my goal was to shoot ANY buck, a few years before that, it was shoot any deer, before that, it was SEE a deer. I try not to lose perspective, and I like that so many guys on this sight haven't lost sight of that either.

daveynewman
500 Club

Unread postby daveynewman » Fri Oct 21, 2016 7:09 am

Dewey wrote:Any deer taken with a bow is a trophy in my eyes.

couldn't of said it any better myself

Country
500 Club

Unread postby Country » Fri Oct 21, 2016 7:20 am

Lastcast#1 wrote:Great post..I killed my first deer this year. A buck..Ran into a dude in the parking lot..He says congrats great job! Then of course follows up with I dont shoot " little bucks" anymore..Just couldnt help himself..

All deer are trophies...He didnt crash my party by any means..But it certainly is a mind set of negativity..Too bad he isnt aware of how I have everyone of his stands located,and his buddies. I know when he hunts and how..Also too bad hes been patterned by a second year bowhunter and it just kills them not knowing where I hunt..He asked me where I shot it and I replied with " I am a ghost in this woods".. And left it at that...

I dont have time for folks like that. I have also used the "truth to deceive" these idiots in the past..

Good reminder Country..

Chad

I don't shoot "little bucks" anymore. Ugh. Wow. He must be an EXPERT!

Hawthorne
500 Club

Unread postby Hawthorne » Fri Oct 21, 2016 7:28 am

10-15 years ago I was shooting any buck with a bow. My brothers friend who was a big buck hunter always made comments about shooting little bucks to me and it bothered me. But on the other side I get guys now that say stuff to me because I pass bucks. Can't win with some people why I've gravitated to mostly hunting alone

Last edited by Hawthorne on Fri Oct 21, 2016 8:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Crazinamatese

Unread postby Crazinamatese » Fri Oct 21, 2016 7:31 am

I had the same thoughts in your original post, Country. Most stories I read about a hunter's kill always has that filthy phrase. Be loud and proud.
The cave you fear hides the treasure you seek!!!
Nocturnal
500 Club

Unread postby Nocturnal » Fri Oct 21, 2016 7:40 am

I feel the same way. It's great to strive for more too. I enjoy chasing mature bucks and just about everyone here does. As long as your not pushing it on anyone else than great. A great hunt is in the hunt itself, not the kill. A kill is a bonus. No matter what your goal is. Meeting your goal is your trophy.

seazofcheeze
500 Club

Unread postby seazofcheeze » Fri Oct 21, 2016 7:45 am

Agree 100%. I'm chasing my goals this season, but it doesn't mean I'm judging anyone elses deer by my goals. A few years ago, my goal was to shoot ANY buck, a few years before that, it was shoot any deer, before that, it was SEE a deer. I try not to lose perspective, and I like that so many guys on this sight haven't lost sight of that either.

Lockdown

Unread postby Lockdown » Fri Oct 21, 2016 8:53 am

Lastcast#1 wrote:Great post..I killed my first deer this year. A buck..Ran into a dude in the parking lot..He says congrats great job! Then of course follows up with I dont shoot " little bucks" anymore..Just couldnt help himself..

Good reminder Country..

Chad

"I'm a ghost in these woods..."

Oh man that made me laugh! That was perfect. Congrats on your deer last cast. Don't let anyone try and bring you down.

I completely agree with you Country. I do think sometimes people will say it like "I was hoping for a bigger buck" regarding personal goals. That said, I don't care if someone shoots a fawn. If they're happy then I'm happy for them.

Edcyclopedia

Unread postby Edcyclopedia » Fri Oct 21, 2016 9:07 am

daveynewman wrote:

couldn't of said it any better myself

X100

Expect the Unexpected when you least Expect it...

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”