Dry swamp

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

TNstalker

Dry swamp

Unread postby TNstalker » Mon Oct 17, 2016 6:22 am

So walked the trans line found that the swamp is dry. Found very little sign small fresh rubs no height to them. An where a found tracks it was too many to to see a big one if it was there. There is a beaver lake that has water an a canal running back into the swamp that has water in it. Should I find out if there's water in the swamp? Check harder around the beaver lake? Or should a bounce around an still hunt the points as if it where flooded? Or observation sits?

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

TNstalker

Re: Dry swamp

Unread postby TNstalker » Mon Oct 17, 2016 6:23 am

If there is water it's in the north part of the swamp. Where the canal dumps into it prob want be much!

headgear
500 Club

Unread postby headgear » Mon Oct 17, 2016 7:03 am

It kind of depends on the pressure, a lot of times dry swamps can work if there is no pressure but it also means they have more bedding options. I would probably gravitate to the wet areas, canal, beaver dam and see how it looks.
TNstalker

Unread postby TNstalker » Mon Oct 17, 2016 7:57 am

Only one canal has water. An after think once frost hits there want be a lot of cover in there a lot of willows no tall grass all short ankle high. I was thinking like u check around the water see what's there then move to thicker areas!

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”