A little shout out to the LW hand climber

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

briar
500 Club

A little shout out to the LW hand climber

Unread postby briar » Sat Oct 15, 2016 12:54 am

Got a chance to hunt out of my Hand Climber yesterday and for the record I just wanted to say how much I love that little stand. I have been a dedicated stick and stand hunter for about 4 years now since my wife can't or won't climb a climber so I do about 30-40 setups a year with the sticks and stand. I think I am pretty good at it especially with a cooperative tree, but I just gotta say, my goodness the hand climber so much nicer to carry in, set up, get in and break down.

I know the sticks are so much more versatile, but if you live in an area you can utilize a climber on most trees, this stand is not something to sneeze at. Its a great tool for any hunter.

headgear
500 Club

Re: A little shout out to the LW hand climber

Unread postby headgear » Sat Oct 15, 2016 1:16 am

They are nice little units, I still break mine out a few times a year when I know I have a tree and a long way to walk in. I have a summit too and it is nice and comfortable but pales in comparison in the packability and silent setup department.
Hatchet Jack

Unread postby Hatchet Jack » Sat Oct 15, 2016 1:19 am

you know I sold my summit climber and bought a set of sticks and assault 2. I like the sticks in certain situations but I hunt a lot of mature mountain woods and I end up in a tree that my climber would've been nice to have on. gets more and more a pain to use sticks to set up in limbless trees that I can only get 25' up with sticks and rope extensions when I need to be about 35' to be at 25' up from the top third trail, if that makes any sense. one of the reasons why I sold the summit was it was really loud setting up no matter how careful I was. how's that lone wolf holding up regarding noise and the durability of the tree straps?
briar
500 Club

Unread postby briar » Sat Oct 15, 2016 4:44 am

My hand climber is pretty hold and it works great and the belts look like new. I am pretty gentle on my stuff though and its always stored inside and not beat on in the season. Its just such a nice little efficient unit. I have the flip top and its great but just bigger and heavier. For short 2-3 hour sits, Ill take the hand climber all day long
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Sat Oct 15, 2016 4:47 am

This reminds me to throw my much lighter Hand Climber top in my truck. I converted mine over to a Wide Sit & Climb and the added weight is very noticeable on long hikes. Don't use a climber much but the Hand Climber is a great tool to have. I added the Hunt Comfort seat pad made specifically as a replacement seat and cannot stress how good of an upgrade that was along with Third Hand Archery stabilizer straps.
justdirtyfun
500 Club

Unread postby justdirtyfun » Sat Oct 15, 2016 4:50 am

Hey jack add a rock climbing harness and you can use your top stick up to any height.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
You don't have to be the best, just do your best.
wickedbruiser
500 Club

Unread postby wickedbruiser » Sat Oct 15, 2016 5:48 am

Absolute best compact climber on the market. Love mine

[ Post made via Android ] Image
JakeB
500 Club

Unread postby JakeB » Tue Oct 18, 2016 3:13 pm

This thread got me thinking so I got to searching ebay and just had a $250 offer on a NIB assault hand climber accepted. Not that I needed another stand by any means but i'm a sucker for a deal. Pretty excited to add this tool to my aresonal.

Any must do mods to the climber? From what I understand I can use the bungee around the belt to let the seat flip up? But then how do I use the stabalizing straps? Or is it one or the other?

Thanks
Stanley
Honorary Moderator
Facebook: None

Unread postby Stanley » Tue Oct 18, 2016 3:49 pm

I had one and didn't like it. Went to stand & sticks/steps.
You can fool some of the bucks, all of the time, and fool all of the bucks, some of the time, however you certainly can't fool all of the bucks, all of the time.
JakeB
500 Club

Unread postby JakeB » Tue Oct 18, 2016 5:17 pm

Stanley wrote:I had one and didn't like it. Went to stand & sticks/steps.

Yea, no way am I getting rid of my stand and sticks! I have several places and trees that are perfectly straight that I believe the climber will be great on. Curious what it was that you didn't like about it?

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”