New Arrows $$$

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

bones09

Re: New Arrows $$$

Unread postby bones09 » Thu Oct 13, 2016 1:54 am

Twenty Up wrote:I like Gold Tip Expeditions (Quality & Affordable) as far as broad heads I'll shoot any type of fixed head with a steel ferrule for durability.. IE Slick Tricks, keep on re-sharpening the blades and go from there.

I don't see how y'all can spend $40+ on three Rage broad heads and throw them out after ONE shot.. But that's none of my business..
Archery is only as expensive as you make it, once you've got the core items you really don't need much.

I don't know about all rage heads but the hypodermic blades can be replaced very easily.

tbunao
500 Club

Unread postby tbunao » Thu Oct 13, 2016 2:34 am

I've recently made the switch to micro diameter arrows.. Very pricey arrows but the side by side comparison to the arrows I shot last year is amazing... A good 6in more penetration even with a lighter set up. A dozen runs around $194 :lol: thank god for a yearly discount

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Kraftd
500 Club

Unread postby Kraftd » Thu Oct 13, 2016 2:38 am

Twenty Up wrote:I like Gold Tip Expeditions (Quality & Affordable) as far as broad heads I'll shoot any type of fixed head with a steel ferrule for durability.. IE Slick Tricks, keep on re-sharpening the blades and go from there.

[glow=red]I don't see how y'all can spend $40+ on three Rage broad heads and throw them out after ONE shot.. But that's none of my business..[/glow]
Archery is only as expensive as you make it, once you've got the core items you really don't need much.

They are pricey, but I have three chisel tips that have been through multiple deer and still going strong with just blade resharpening and a new ring. Have had to replace blades a couple of times and bent one ferrule on one of the original Rages, otherwise they have been multi-use for me with no issues.
john1984

Unread postby john1984 » Thu Oct 13, 2016 3:23 am

I bought a couple carbon fiber Allen arrows at Wal-Mart for like 4$ a piece. They are hitting the same as my Carbon Express Maximas that cost like 11$ or 12$ per arrow.

[ Post made via Android ] Image

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”