#1 off season improvement for me

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

BowHusker

#1 off season improvement for me

Unread postby BowHusker » Sun Oct 09, 2016 11:01 am

My #1 off season improvement without a doubt is learning to set up my sticks and stand quietly. Holy cow am I noisy and I'm trying to be quiet! I even got in extra early so I could take my time too. There is no way I could set up on a bed right now and go undetected lol. That's ok though, along with a couple other things I'm going to really focus this off season on getting better in a few key areas.

One question, how do you guys approach tree's that you want to hang in but they have alot of lower limbs? I am in a really good tree but alot of the noise came from trying to maneuver around. Eventually I just had to trim them which is also noisy. I plan to work around this during off season scouting by preparing them bit what do you do when you go in blind like I am tonight? Just avoid them and find a less "limby" tree?

[ Post made via Android ] Image

AKA "The Lone Wolf Assassin"
headgear
500 Club

Re: #1 off season improvement for me

Unread postby headgear » Sun Oct 09, 2016 11:49 am

I prep trees when I scout, otherwise you just find a way to make it work or pick another tree. You will find yourself in all kinds of tree situations, just have to be flexible.

RidgeReaper

Re: #1 off season improvement for me

Unread postby RidgeReaper » Mon Oct 10, 2016 12:14 am

I practice with mine a good bit. It pays off big time. I am so much better with my setup than I used to be. I've set up within 60yds of bedded deer already and the only way they knew I was there is because they saw me once I got up over 10ft haha. I absolutely love this lone wolf setup!

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”