keep up the good work guys

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

isitseasonyet?
500 Club

Re: keep up the good work guys

Unread postby isitseasonyet? » Wed Oct 05, 2016 1:39 pm

Top notch mods here, I'm sure they do a lot more work than we realize. That said the beast is the best!

[ Post made via Android ] Image

mheichelbech
500 Club
Facebook: mheichelbech@gmail.com

Unread postby mheichelbech » Wed Oct 05, 2016 1:50 pm

I agree, the mods on here are awesome and I don't thank them enough. I'm sure it's a PITA sometimes. The other thing besides what had been mentioned is the lack of ego by the more experienced guys on here. It's a beautiful thing!

It's nice to be around guys that don't have to post pics of their bucks as if they are saying they are better than everyone else. Most all the time it's because someone asked them to.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
"One of the chief attractions of the life of the wilderness is its rugged and stalwart democracy; there every man stands for what he actually is and can show himself to be." — Theodore Roosevelt, 1893
isitseasonyet?
500 Club

Unread postby isitseasonyet? » Wed Oct 05, 2016 1:54 pm

mheichelbech wrote:I agree, the mods on here are awesome and I don't thank them enough. I'm sure it's a PITA sometimes. The other thing besides what had been mentioned is the lack of ego by the more experienced guys on here. It's a beautiful thing!

It's nice to be around guys that don't have to post pics of their bucks as if they are saying they are better than everyone else. Most all the time it's because someone asked them to.

That is great, not many "braggers" here. But most are willing to show their wall if we pester them enough!

tgreeno
500 Club

Unread postby tgreeno » Wed Oct 05, 2016 2:50 pm

Well said!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It's better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid, than to open it an remove all doubt
Lockdown

Unread postby Lockdown » Wed Oct 05, 2016 3:34 pm

isitseasonyet? wrote:
mheichelbech wrote:I agree, the mods on here are awesome and I don't thank them enough. I'm sure it's a PITA sometimes. The other thing besides what had been mentioned is the lack of ego by the more experienced guys on here. It's a beautiful thing!

That is great, not many "braggers" here. But [glow=red]most are willing to show their wall if we pester them enough![/glow]

It's the only forum I'm a member of.

I wish people would share more pictures. I like the "Here are the buck(s) I killed using this tactic" (Stan's ground kills come to mind). I don't view that as bragging at all. It helps paint the picture, and who doesn't like looking at big bucks :D

Even if a new member joins and posts up a bunch of pics... more power to 'em as long as they're not being cocky about it. Cocky and proud are two different things.
wgskidmore

Unread postby wgskidmore » Wed Oct 05, 2016 11:33 pm

A major reason why this newbie joined this forum. I was on a local state forum for awhile and it was constant bashing. While I am all for a good debate or constructive conversation that I can learn from, I am not about belittling hunters, especially the young guns. I got tired of guys picking on young kids for shooting yearling bucks, how quick they forget that they were once there themselves.
JoeRE
500 Club

Unread postby JoeRE » Wed Oct 05, 2016 11:37 pm

Dewey wrote:The difference between us and other sites is the negativity is not welcome here. I see regular members setting new guys straight that don't know any better quite often. Most get it right away and change their tone and those that don't are swiftly dealt with.

Agreed. The BEAST rocks.
mainebowhunter
500 Club

Unread postby mainebowhunter » Wed Oct 05, 2016 11:55 pm

JoeRE wrote:
Dewey wrote:The difference between us and other sites is the negativity is not welcome here. I see regular members setting new guys straight that don't know any better quite often. Most get it right away and change their tone and those that don't are swiftly dealt with.

Agreed. The BEAST rocks.

X2 - I think part of it is that there is value here.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”