Wind and bedded marsh bucks

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

NorthStar
500 Club

Wind and bedded marsh bucks

Unread postby NorthStar » Thu Sep 29, 2016 5:33 am

Last night I hunted a very promising point that reached out into a marsh/duck pond. I felt it was the perfect time to move in as the night before, the wind would be in the deer’s face going to bed and the temperature was cooling rapidly (cold front). The wind changed directions overnight which allowed me to go into the deer’s bedding with the wind at my face. The wind was 15-20 mph, which I felt was perfect for me as it allowed me to move in without being heard. My set up allowed me shooting lanes at both tree lines on the point as well as the deer trail going through the center of the point to the bedding.

My question is, do marsh bucks tend to move less frequently on windy days when compared to a hill country or big woods buck?

“The lazy do not roast any game, but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt.”
‭‭Proverbs‬ ‭12:27‬ ‭NIV‬‬

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”