I dont mean to judge but....

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

warhog23
Facebook: corey policaro

I dont mean to judge but....

Unread postby warhog23 » Wed Sep 28, 2016 1:17 pm

So i got done from a long day and since im "poor folk" i flip on some youtube from the old roku. And after watching some football highlights and some random stuff most of u wouldnt care about i finally get to some good old public land hunting videos. Woohoo! And i get to a group called the ol' bow gang. And they have some good deeer they take and all but what i seen in this two part rut hunt just made my mouth sour. And idk if these guys are new at videoing or something but i some major flaws in their hunting and it just opens my eyes all the more. The guy called and rattled at every buck that walked by even if he didnt want to shoot it. He didnt move his stand after one big one and a smaller one came by downwind and caught his scent (yes he says that the deer usually dont come by downwind at that spot for that wind) but after it happens twice for an all day sit wouldnt something click? And then to only watch a third biggin' do the same thing. Then in part two it opened with him taking a shot but while drawn he swings past his cameraman with the broadhead pointed right at him and keeps swinging around and then down to take the shot....

If anyone ever swung a bow with broadhead in the drawn position i would make sure that bow was chucked over the hill i tell u what.

I just dont get it all. I know its just another hunting show but it just makes me cringe.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

IkemanTx
500 Club

Re: I dont mean to judge but....

Unread postby IkemanTx » Wed Sep 28, 2016 1:45 pm

It's stupid things like those that have made it to where I basically can't watch hunting videos anymore.... there's only a few guys that I will watch for the actual kill videos. I watch everything I can scouting and habitat related, but the actual hunting videos just don't do it for me anymore.

Go where none other dare to go, and there you'll find success.
Jackson Marsh

Unread postby Jackson Marsh » Wed Sep 28, 2016 1:52 pm

I just watched that too, kind of made me cringe when he swung over the camera man.....but he did end up killing a giant on public (might have been his hunting buddy??)

[ Post made via Android ] Image
warhog23

Unread postby warhog23 » Wed Sep 28, 2016 1:55 pm

Im kinda the same way but sometimes i just like to see what deer do and pick apart guys hunts. I dont do it just to think im better but its likes im educating myself and taking their experiences and thinking of how i would do it.

Now im talking about a hunt or something that has a little meaning to it and isnt off a food plot. These guys arent that bad really but i seen this and just had to vent Lol

warhog23

Unread postby warhog23 » Wed Sep 28, 2016 1:57 pm

Ya his buddy did and im not thru the second part yet but when i seen him swing on his guy i about jumped out of my seat

Jackson Marsh

Unread postby Jackson Marsh » Wed Sep 28, 2016 2:02 pm

Overall I liked the videos. I think I watched 3 or 4 of them.

If I filmed my hunts everyone would laugh at me too :lol:
Sometimes I laugh at me.

john1984

Unread postby john1984 » Wed Sep 28, 2016 2:54 pm

Never heard of them but just watched the one with them killing that 181" Iowa buck, .... I liked it. Maybe I'll watch some more later

kurt

Unread postby kurt » Wed Sep 28, 2016 3:09 pm

I watched them recently too. It makes me cringe with him drawing over the top/at camera man. The videos are decent not moving for the wind and such is normal with videos like that but they seem like alright guys.

matt1336
500 Club

Unread postby matt1336 » Wed Sep 28, 2016 5:17 pm

I personally like their videos. They're not rehearsed. Yeah the swing on that buck wasn't ok but crap happens when we get a buck close up and in our sights. It just does. Again I'm not defending that action. The camera guy is his brother- I'm pretty sure. If you ask him, I'm sure he regrets that swing. Those guys seem to work very hard to provide good footage so I'm not going to judge too much.

BigHills BuckHunter
500 Club

Unread postby BigHills BuckHunter » Wed Sep 28, 2016 5:31 pm

The advertising makes me cringe. "Buy this and you will kill a Booner!"hahaha...if only it were that easy. I think Dan and others call that pixie dust. I'm not going to name certain brands but most are really annoying and are usually items a hunter does not need in order to be successful.

vermonthunter16
500 Club

Unread postby vermonthunter16 » Wed Sep 28, 2016 11:11 pm

I don't watch many hunting shows anymore. Makes me start thinking about old "lucky" habits. I'm liking beast tactics so far ;) :D
-Rick
warhog23

Unread postby warhog23 » Wed Sep 28, 2016 11:28 pm

After watching them all i like the guys. Just wanted to see if anyone caught what i did.

If they had the acorn cruncher he wouldve brought them in for sure. By far the best call out there!

sethg

Unread postby sethg » Thu Sep 29, 2016 2:55 am

I really like the ol bow gang videos. I think those guys do a really good job. I'm sure he wishes he could go back and not swing his drawn arrow by the camera man, but it was the heat of the moment and he made a mistake. thankfully no one got hurt, and he got the buck. I think those guys put out some great videos and kill some good bucks.
whitetailassasin

Unread postby whitetailassasin » Thu Sep 29, 2016 3:54 am

I just watched these the other day. Really liked them, but when I saw the pre draw and twist move, I cringed. I think in the moment, excitement and quick moving deer, clouded his better judgement. If I'm not mistaken his brother is the camera man(bird dog). I'm sure he wishes they edited that scene.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”